Harry Hall 653 21.5" gents racing bike for sale

mbbx4sm5

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I have recently aquired my dad's old Harry Hall 653 racing bike from the late 90s so I am informed. I have done some research about the bike about it's origins and what it has in terms of spec. I spent an hour or so yesterday with Graham Hall (the late Harry Hall's son) and he gave me this information.

-653 Harry Hall race Frame with Cast Lugs
-Cinelli Bar ans Stem
-Campag Grand Sport Brakes
-Campag Omega Aero HP Rims
-Front hub - Campag
-Rear Hub - Mavic 501
-Suntour Superb Chainset
-Deore rear gear
-Campag Mirage front gear
-Shimano RX100 STi Lever

The bike is in full working order and has only done around 300 miles since bought secondhand from a mechanic at Harry Halls for around £350 (in the late 90s). There are a few signs of scratches to the end of the handle bars due to use. New bar tape is also needed but this is just cosmetic.

To be honest I do not really know how much the bike is worth so all offers in the region of £500 will be considered. The bike is located in Bacup Lancs.

Any more information from people to help me with the age of the bike etc would also be helpful.

Thanks for taking your time to look at my post.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,502
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,502
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,502
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,501
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,501
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,502
be warned the forum police will be along soon if you dont state a price , so be warned

very nice bike indeed , couldnt Graham Hall help you date it by the frame number ?

Unfortunately no as the guy who manufactured the frames from Birmingham sometimes did not stamp the frames properly.

I have put offers in the region of £500 as a price.

thanks for the post.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back