Haro DHR Retro Build Project

cyfa2809":28uhj15v said:
Whats wrong with powder coat? I thought it was more durable.

Im looking for the best finish possible, im not after durable as this is probably a build that will see maybe one ride.

slope":1n2ke1zs said:
I say go with powdercoating and PUSH the RC!

The shock im using is an ex global racing riders rockshox blackbox rear shock (as you can see in the pics) which is very very rare and what went on to become the vivid

The good news is I have everything apart and ready to go to the soda blasters, heres a little pic of the front triangle with the Blackbox shock on it to give a hint of what it will look like not having the fox rc on it.
main.php

The bad news the bottom seat tower bolt on the left hand side is snapped off in the frame, this was not to my knowledge, you can see that it has been snapped for some time "GUTTED". Theres still thread and the bolt still screws in enough to go tight and there not be a problem but i need it out as i am now left with this spacer with the tread inside that will IMO make it difficult to soda blast and respray.
main.php

main.php

Nice project.

I am sure someone wise will come on and suggest a method to get it out.

Being an office worker I can offer little advice! Maybe drill into it and try and break it inside out, or even drill the broken bolt thread it to unscrew out?

Get a flathead screwdriver on the left over bit and 'notch' it round with a hammer. Shouldnt be under any torque.

Google search "easy out tool"
Its like a reverse drill bit that bites in and unscrews broken things
Im on my mobile so cant link up easy ;)

G

Not much at all to be honest, I've been busy with work and living here in Australia I find prices to get anything done steep.

Currently the bike is in pieces in a box ives tried finding someone to soda blast the frame as sand blasting ali is to abrasive especially this one being monocoque but it seems like there not many people doing it on a small scale where I live, also Im after a good paint job even thou its just one colour and I have been quoted upwards of 300 dollars which I think is steep, also trying to find the parts I need here is just not happening and postage from England or the US is also steep.

It will happen but what I have in mind is something quite special that I have never seen anyone else replicate so its an on going project.

The Trek is seeing more progress than this one just waiting on some more parts and ill get a post happening again.

:(

Back