Hardtail with silly wheels...Stanton Switchback

Yum, I'm very interested to see how you get on with this... the Blur 4x and Transition could quite easily fund me a nice one of these!

Cheers Kev.

All the stuff that I've ordered has been dispatched, so hopefully it'll be ready for it's first ride soon. I've gone for the ex-demo 34's reduced to 140mm with Mojo's custom damper and air spring which should be loads better than the stock ones.

Re:

This is going to turn out super nice I'm sure.
Regarding fork choice, 140mm is the recommended length for both the switchback and the slackline. I was runnign RS Sektors on my Slackline but have just fitted Manitou Mattocs which can be internally adjusted from 160 - 150 - 140mm. So far they are feeling great and are a valid alternative to Pikes. Looking forward to testing the adjustable hydraulic bottom out feature on an 8' drop to slight downslope I love to ride.

Cheers for that - I can of that may need to be ordered.

I love the crown cut out, but did think about mud and crud getting stuck in there.

Re:

Ha ha.

The Ti would have been awesome but seemd a bit OTT for a second bike. I would have felt that it'd have needed posher bits too.

just joking mate, it is a bit overkill and I'm not enjoying that thread over on STW with the dented one...

Yeah I saw that - I thought the chap had taken it pretty well. I'd be fuming!

That new section at Cannock is a bit cheeky...even more so in the ice. Hopefully he'll be able to get it sorted.

When I was talking to Dan about frames, I asked him about movement on the price of a Ti Slackine but didn't get anywhere. If I'd been able to get some money off, it may have been a different story.

Fair chunk of stuff arrived today.

The Race Face wheels seem pretty nice for what I paid for them....light, good finish and spoke tension. I don't really see the point in the 15mm front axle though...it looks tiny compared to a 20mm jobbie.

The only thing I think I may have screwed up on is the tyres...I meant to order 2.2 Rubber Queens but I forgot what they're called now and ordered Mountain Kings but the 2.2's look pretty scrawny. They ar the Black Chilli protection ones which get good reviews so I may leave them on for the winter and get a chunkier front tyre once they're back in stock.

Back