Halfords require bike tech PLYMOUTH

cytech is expensive for the course. the assesment days are much cheaper, about £160ish for level 2, but harder to get onto.

no you couldn't teach it. one of their trainers is THE biggest bike geek i have ever met! do you know the minimum handle bar width required to meet cen regs? or the spoke tension ranges for a asymmetric dished wheel for a known erd and flange diameter withouth googling ;)

cytech is more about good workshop practices than ability.

oh and no halfords will not pay for cyctech training anymore.

1duck":2fpk75qn said:
perhaps with a staff discount the stuff becomes affordable.

Nope, talking to a bloke that works in the one near my work, CRC is still cheaper than Halfords even with the staff discount.

jamabikes":34nc2n2h said:
cytech is expensive for the course. the assesment days are much cheaper, about £160ish for level 2, but harder to get onto.

no you couldn't teach it. one of their trainers is THE biggest bike geek i have ever met! do you know the minimum handle bar width required to meet cen regs? or the spoke tension ranges for a asymmetric dished wheel for a known erd and flange diameter withouth googling ;)

cytech is more about good workshop practices than ability.

oh and no halfords will not pay for cyctech training anymore.

i dont know what you just said :LOL: :oops:

:LOL: :LOL:

told you its not as easy as you think. :LOL:

the actual work itself isn't tough, but does help if you've been in the industry. also if you want to do it as an nvq it has to be work based.

jamabikes":d704ft7s said:
:LOL: :LOL:

told you its not as easy as you think. :LOL:

the actual work itself isn't tough, but does help if you've been in the industry. also if you want to do it as an nvq it has to be work based.

sounds a bit catch 22 to me! unless you find a willing employer

Back