Hahanna -> Restomod

Excellent work fellah, good to see some more life breathed into an old bike. Decals/no decals :? either way it looks slick :cool: Only thing I would say is remove the accessories at least for the pics :D

Thanks for the comments! Decals will be here soon, I was just so pleased with the results I couldn't wait. All I can say so far is that this bike rides extremely tight, the flexstem provides just the right amount of dampening. I've never used one before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Will update when decals arrive.

flexstems rock- as you say, still alow tight handling but take the sting out of the trail. My clockwork is so much more comfy now :cool:

It's done! Thanks to Gil for the decals!

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

That looks real nice fella. matt black with those old style decals works much better than I expected. The more I see of Konas like this, the more I want one.

Thanks for the kind words! Now i have a daily rider and can turn my full attention to my explosif, which is undergoing a proper retro build. I'll post pics when it comes back from DeKerf. ;)

Howdy,
I just picked up a 94 that looks to be in the same shape as yours in the before photos.
Question: What kind of primer/paint did you use and did you clear coat the frame.
Thanks,
Lawrence
BTW great job!

Hey Lawrence, I used Plasti-Kote super enamel flat black. That's it, no primer or clear. It's pretty durable but not as strong as a bikes paint should be IMHO. Oh and I used brush on polly-strippa to take the old paint off. (7 applications, pressurewashing in between)

Back