Guys forks night (guy fawkes get it??)- Friday 6th November.

Re:

Just got my new light. Blimey its pretty trick, a claimed 850 lumens from a 27mm diameter light weighing 23grams without battery and battery rather lightwweight too. Comes with every kind of mount you'd want, extension cable, 3 pin charger and on/off switch unit seperate from light so you can mount switch under your finger on the bars and all for £40. I know its not a serious off road night light, more a potent commuter light but compared to only a few years back its amazing. It'd be a great helmet light though for those with already good bike lights.

Xeccon Geinea I is the light. I'll use a for commutes through the week and report back.

Re:

Wow my new lights pretty dam good :shock: :D

However I am not using it at GT this Friday as I am now not coming along for definite.

I am tired, too tired as sleeping badly possibly due to winter blues. My girlfriends worse off than me and we are bothing taking it easy this weekend. Will do a spot of walking on Sunday on the edge of the Pentlands to blast out the cobwebs but quiet weekend for me otherwise.

Enjoy yourselves, dont wrap yourselves around a tree, make sure your suspiciously cheap chinese lights are working properly and the batteries hold a charge. Gmac's light snuffing out mid corner on Berm Baby Berm last year was for him not a good event :LOL:

all set for tomorrow, tho my babysitter's off work today unwell, fingers crossed. I have a plan B so optomistic

the auld cree's have been in action these last weeks... one battery has taken a few attempts to get it to hold a charge, the other is lasting 1hr 15min on full beam, which is fun as my commute to Livi is ~1hr 20mins :facepalm:

will need to look into that battery man for better/replacement batteries/chargers - anyone got a link (if you know who I'm talking about)

nice cheap rear lights on alpkit btw, TAU £12 makes a good rear, not as good as my knog, but 1/3 - 1/4 of the price...

Re:

Looks like I have a flyer, I should be down for around 3 if anyone wants to meet up for a lap or 2.

Lucky barsteward, finish work at 5 hope to be there for half 6.

So latest meet up in main car park say 6.45pm and riding for 7 if that suits awbody?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

The cool light I just bought is from TorchBatteryBoy, I'd get kit from him again, seems to know his stuff.

thanks guys, tho from what I've read this morning, I've probably been under charging batteries. I've only been charging them for 3-4hrs (mainly because i cooked a charger by leaving them on overnight) from what I've read this AM, I should be charging them from 6 hours.

Back