GT Zaskar LE and M910 XTR Shifters...ending soon

no no no why would you do this to me??

Wonder how I can hide it from my wife or convince her that I have had it all along? Im sure there are experts on the subject 'round here, any suggestions?

I rue the day I created an account on this site.

When will I get the tracking info?

Only way to make it better is if it were Ink Blue like my '96 RTS Team!

Well I've got Todd Wells spare Beijing frame, his two 2007 Zaskar Teams and two 08 Re-issue frames and the Mrs. doesn't know they're in the house. You must have somewhere you can put/hide it?

There is room in the attack, nothing but insulation and spiders up there. Wife will never think to look there, course its too hot to ride a trainer (with bumps on the roller) in the attic... Oh Snap!

Time to put MORE stuff on the 'bay.

-------------------------

Me: "Hi, my name is Ryan and I'm a Retroholic"

Everyone: "HI Ryan!"

Me: "It all started with that one Fat Chance, that was all I needed. Then my life began to spiral out of control, M900 and CNC jibs... I dont know how I got here... Oh wait, I got here on my new RTS Team! Check it out I just polished it! Notice the period correct latex tubes."

It's 1:01am here so I can't get it boxed and shipped until Thursday morning. Will print the label later tonight. DH you should still get it by Saturday or Monday at the latest.

No sweat I was joking anyway. Slow and steady my man! I am patient. So glad I didnt snap up that 16" Monster Fat on the bay last night, would have taken too long for my 3 year old to grow enough to ride it anyway. This RTS is just my size. Glad I kept most of the take off parts from my Fat too! Serendipity.

Tallpaul":1ad7414f said:
DHSlammer, you've made me a whole lot happier about the price i paid for my RTS ;)
My '96 RTS Team was around $750 dealer wholesale price in '96. Not too bad for a 19" in that condition who knows when another will come up? Oh well its mine now ;)

What is the going rate for price of fun?

DHSlammer":1g5rz39l said:
My '96 RTS Team was around $750 dealer wholesale price in '96. Not too bad for a 19" in that condition who knows when another will come up? Oh well its mine now ;)

I think you've missed my point :)

I paid a similar (albeit slightly less) amount for mine, and i rationalised it in exactly the same way. I was simply comforted that I wasn't alone paying more than double what RTS-2's go for. Of course, worth every penny for a US built frame and infinitely better than the scores of muppets who insist on claiming their far eastern frames are US built ;)

Tallpaul":1f9x1oq5 said:
DHSlammer":1f9x1oq5 said:

I think you've missed my point :)

I paid a similar (albeit slightly less) amount for mine, and i rationalised it in exactly the same way. I was simply comforted that I wasn't alone paying more than double what RTS-2's go for. Of course, worth every penny for a US built frame and infinitely better than the scores of muppets who insist on claiming their far eastern frames are US built ;)
Oh Snap!!

The quality of the US built frames is FARRRR superior, not that the others are bad, if you can have the better one why would you not? This will be my 3rd US built RTS ('93 RTS-1, '96 RTS Team and this '95 RTS Team) and I have wrenched on *scores* of the lesser frames when I worked at a GT dealer. Not only is the build quality better in every way, the stock shocks are night and day different which really makes the ride quality of the design. I would be fine with a top nic (im working in my newly found vocabulary of the Queen's English, let me know if I bugger it up) Noleen on a Taiwan frame but not a Taiwan shock on a RTS Team frame - Havent checked but I imagine it would be tough to find a high quality aftermarket shock for this frame as I dont recall anything of note even BITD. I was quite surprised at how cheap the frame was BIN and decided to act swiftly and decisively before anyone else scored this deal (don't tell gm1230126 - or my wife - I would have gladly paid a lot more) again given the relative rarity of this frame especially in this size and the apparently immaculate condition of the frame. This wont be any trailer queen either :twisted: But now the Fat is in danger of trailer queen status :eek:

Latest posts

Back