GT ZASKAR - 1995 - Rock Shox Judys - £200 collected Sat/Sun

GTom

Dirt Disciple
This is my 1995 Gt Zaskar which, unlike some later models, was handbuild in the USA.

It was purchased from new from the North West Mountain Bike centre in Cheadle - Manchester. It was a custom build.

I bought it at the tender age of 16 and used it for a whole 12 months before I passed my driving test and my attentions were diverted elsewhere.

About 7 years later I dug it out of my parents garage and took it to my LBS for a tune up and service. They indexed the gears and added Gore cables. Unfortunately I ended up leaving the shop with a 'new' Specialized Enduro. The Zaskar was once again relegated to the garage.

Since then it has been used a handful of time by friends who have been keen to experience mountain biking but have not had a bike.

It's fair to say that it's had a relatively easy life. It's not perfect though.

There is a scratch on the left fork leg where someone rested it against a small wall which it slided down. There is also a scratch in the top tube. Both are shown in the photos.

Whilst the front wheel is original to the bike the rear is off a Kona Lava Dome. Unfortuantely my Dad managed to give the Kona away with the wrong rear wheel. I only realised a few years later when it was all too late!

I now have a baby on the way and reality has taken precedence over nostalgia.......my much loved but little used steed must be sold.

I have posted some photos below but if you would like some high res ones I am more than happy to email them to you.

Frame: Zaskar LE
Forks: Rock Shox Judy xc
Shifters: Grip Shift X-ray
Brake L: Dia Comp Versa PC-8
Cables: Gore Ride On
Chainset: LX
Seatpost: Control Tech
Stem: Control Tech
Wheel: Mavic 230 TIB (Front) Kona (Rear)

As for price I'm not sure. Having done some more digging I have found a couple of old listings for Zaskars on eBay and it would seem that about £325 would be the right sort of level for an example like this.....but please let me know if you disagree!!

Attachments

• GTz1.JPG
    GTz1.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,500
  • GTz2.JPG
    GTz2.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,500
  • GTz3.JPG
    GTz3.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,500
  • GTz4.JPG
    GTz4.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,500
Nice, and local too! I think buying a full bike might tip me over the edge :?
But if you do split I'll consider the frame depending on price :idea: :)

GTom":28wna3q5 said:
It's 18 inch.

Frame no is 09944462

Cheers
:cry: another 18 inch frame did nobody buy the 20 inch back in the days :?: and its 09944462 ? september 1994 then not 1995 but i would guess you purchased it in 95. its going to make a nice bike for someone but to small for me good luck with the sale

Thanks for the feedback regarding the frame number.

Anybody else out there that might want to buy?

Please don't make me put it on flea bay!!!

If you decide to split I'd be very interested in the seat post & the stem!

Thanks T

painter09":2ayk9at5 said:
GTom":2ayk9at5 said:
It's 18 inch.

Frame no is 09944462

Cheers
:cry: another 18 inch frame did nobody buy the 20 inch back in the days :?: and its 09944462 ? september 1994 then not 1995 but i would guess you purchased it in 95. its going to make a nice bike for someone but to small for me good luck with the sale

but that would make it a 1995 model. no matter when purchased.

Back