GT XCR 1000

BobCatMax":k94kozbk said:
how were these rated as full sussers bitd?

Pretty well apart from the cracking issues. Had the dhi which peaty was on too. I found mine quite active to ride but i think fox propedal or similar would be a very good solution to that. MBUK rated them pretty well. Travel feels infinite. The i drive system works well.
Would love another one at some point to do as a singlespeed. I used mine for everything and it held up well until it cracked - they dont like dh so much.
The i drive unit was heavy but overall bike weight could be something decent with some thought.

Yep. Pretty sure it occured a couple weeks after going over a boulder path, boulders of 5ft or so.
May have been, not really sure.

It was at the bottom of the seat tube. The other common place is at the base of the seat tower i believe or thereabouts.

Went to get the drivetrain built yesterday. :oops:

Apparently, it needs a long cage rear mech instead of a middy.

Oh well. On to plan B: 2x9.

Liking the build, in the process of do one my self with an idrive 6.0. Upgrade most of the original parts, last thing to do is sort the rear shock out.

Time for an update.

The front end is built, but one of the chain-stays are bent, opening the gap where the rear wheel sits by 6mm or so.

LBS says it shouldn't be like that. Thinking about getting it repaired.

Bugger. :oops:

Did the XCR run a 140mm wide rear hub?

Attachments

• xcr-270912-slv.jpg
    xcr-270912-slv.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 316

Latest posts

Back