GT STS DH and Schwinn Homegrown rear shock?

Trunnion can be swapped over and based on your pic, while the GT shock has a shorter spring, it's got room for a longer one. I think the longer travel GTs with the longer linkage had longer springs for increased travel so it should work. I've got a spare NOS Schwinn shock that I bought as back up when I had a couple of sts builds a few years ago, sadly gone.

Trunnion can be swapped over and based on your pic, while the GT shock has a shorter spring, it's got room for a longer one. I think the longer travel GTs with the longer linkage had longer springs for increased travel so it should work. I've got a spare NOS Schwinn shock that I bought as back up when I had a couple of sts builds a few years ago, sadly gone.
Thanks. So the lower eye will work with the GT STS bushings? Is a bolt in process?

Basically yes. You'll need to swap out the bolt, sleeve and spacers from your existing shock and replace the ones on the other, or buy new ones. I may actually have a new set of them somewhere in my stash.

I guess I'll go ahead and buy the shock. If it doesn't work out I can always send it back.
A bit more travel can't hurt

Back