GT RTS - Some help please

Later alloy RTS have a pivot at that point.......true the LTS also has a pivot at that point as will most FS frames...... helps make the rear slightly more active....

The original Cromo Rear ends were solid units but the 94 onwards alloy frames had the additional pivot and yes it is very very common for them to crack at that point - interchange for a cromo rear or you can get replacement stays - I found a nice chap on here who assisted me with mine....

I think I may be the nice chap who helped boxxer out. I'll have a root aroung as I have a full rts with a steel rear that I am looking to sell, but I think I may have a spare alloy chain stay in the shed somewhere too, though it is silver, not yellow. Boxxer, if I did sell the stay to you, can you remind me how much it was - would not want you to feel hard done by if I sell this one for less than you paid.

If you decide to break the frame, I'd be very interested as I am trying to keep a stockpile of spares to keep my two rts's on the road!

Ian

I think I may have an 18 inch front end under my desk at work. From memory it is black and had an area on the top tube where the paint has worn through to the metal. I was going to strip it back to bare metal and polish, but I already have two RTS projects on the go and have not found the time for a third. If you are interested, I'll get some pics to you Monday evening (as I said, it is at work).

Ian

Back