Wanted Gt rts brake rocker

Wi1mo

Retro Newbie
Hi, new to retrobikes, just curious if anyone had a brake rocker for a gt rts. Thanks in advance.

From memory was there 2 different types?

Hang on...

One was a rocker (oblong type), post mount was for a plastic guide - I used a rocker on mine.

I was looking for one a while back - they're like rockinghorse crap. I went Magura and then aborted the build

Best of luck

It’s the oblong type, I know it’s a long shot, tempted to see if I can make one if I have no luck.. cheers lads 👍🏼👍🏼

A guy in the US offered me one for silly money when I popped a wanted post up on here about a year ago. I wasn't sure if it was a scam as he didn't reply when I asked if he could send dimensions so I could look into getting something made. User had been around since 2009 though - I was still a bit unsure.

He was posting as GT BIKE RIDER and wanted $60 paypal gift. Thats pretty much what I paid for the frame so I passed. If you have deep pockets then this could be a solution for you.

Good god no 😂😂 I’ll pull the cable by hand before paying that 😂 but thank you I do appreciate your help and information with it 😀

I have a new one, took off a nos team frame as I run v brakes on it. It isn't for sale but if I can help with pics or dimensions, happy to help.

It is possible I have another one, as I've converted another RTS frame to disc only rear and it may have had a rocker. I'll need to check the stash over the weekend.

I did have an RTS frame that had a home brew rocker, can't remember if I still have it though.

If its an early one, the rest that was at malvern top 10 had a cannondale force 40 botled to it. Appeared to work really well

If its an early one, the rest that was at malvern top 10 had a cannondale force 40 botled to it. Appeared to work really well
I did similar with my RTS 2, replaced the fiddly roller and cable pinch bolts with a suntour power hanger and worked much better, obviously with canti brakes.

Back