GT Quatrefoil Tandem

Re: Re:

Antstark":3az6xl3r said:
cool or what
As Cool as Kim Deal.. :cool:

That looks awesome, if you need/want a Stoker just lemme know Ant..! :cool:

Re:

Anyone know what size this is from looking at it?. Being a tall chap I need the 20/18 rather than the 19/17 combo.

Re:

Antstark":28c77cvm said:
Anyone know what size this is from looking at it?. Being a tall chap I need the 20/18 rather than the 19/17 combo.

The head tube is taller than mine which is a 19/17, so 20/18 it is I reckon :)

Looks like it comes with the original (rare!) IRC tyres as well. I'm still smarting at the fact the previous owner of mine threw them away...

On that subject mine is currently wearing 650b tyres which will indeed fit the 700D rims ;)

Re: Re:

Thanks mate.

I have seen 700Ds come up now and again on ebay...even bid on a few thinking they were 26" ...but you are right getting rarer/silly money. What make 650b's do you have on yours ? I guess worst case I rebuild the wheels with 650b rims.

Might go for this then ....its gotta be a right laugh hasn't it ? :xmas-big-grin:

mynchiboy":3a5dtvx2 said:
Antstark":3a5dtvx2 said:

The head tube is taller than mine which is a 19/17, so 20/18 it is I reckon :)

Looks like it comes with the original (rare!) IRC tyres as well. I'm still smarting at the fact the previous owner of mine threw them away...

On that subject mine is currently wearing 650b tyres which will indeed fit the 700D rims ;)

Re:

Antstark":26l07khw said:
Thanks mate.

I have seen 700Ds come up now and again on ebay...even bid on a few thinking they were 26" ...but you are right getting rarer/silly money. What make 650b's do you have on yours ? I guess worst case I rebuild the wheels with 650b rims.

Might go for this then ....its gotta be a right laugh hasn't it ? :xmas-big-grin:

No worries dude! Here's a thread on mine that I started - I'll be updating it as soon as I head out on it again this year viewtopic.php?f=6&t=354388&hilit=quatrefoil

At present mine is wearing 650x45b Schawalbe Energizer tyers which were fitted by the previous owner. They're apparently e-bike tyres but seem to work well. I would say that there's enough options out there what with the whole 27.5 thing to try a few things out using the current rims? I quite like the idea of skinwall Onza Ibex if I was thinking of heading offroad.

FWIW I bought mine for a little less, but this is (even) more original and worth the asking price all day long, if not for the comedy value of constant wrong turns and squabbles with the OH :facepalm:

Re:

Wow that's cool. Some pretty sensible upgrades there to if you are going to use it. I know the missus wouldn't go for that GT saddle for sure. ;)

Are you still after some GT bars for yours....got some here if you want em for P&P ?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=362044

Re:

Antstark":1enk9kzj said:
Wow that's cool. Some pretty sensible upgrades there to if you are going to use it. I know the missus wouldn't go for that GT saddle for sure. ;)

Are you still after some GT bars for yours....got some here if you want em for P&P ?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=362044

Yeah, do it - you know you want to :twisted:

They do look proper cool though and are a helluva lot of fun. The saddles on mine are OEM GT Supersoft ones (I guess that there must have been a lady version?). Butterfly bars are actually a nice idea as well for the stoker. There's no way that my lady would go near it without a sofa saddle of some sort on the back :LOL:

In the madness of things I completely forgot that I was after those bars! I'll send a PM shortly..

Re:

Its safely in Stark towers now....its in absolutely cracking condition. It just having a bit of a service then a full photo shoot :cool:

Back