GT Psyclone

I don't think it's too much red.... just how you balance the red, silver and black. Your decal color makes it tough to balance too because it adds a fourth color.

Attachments

• DSC08747.JPG
    DSC08747.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,510
gm1230126":24y7x3ww said:
I don't think it's too much red.... just how you balance the red, silver and black. Your decal color makes it tough to balance too because it adds a fourth color.

Is that a polished 95x chainset?

Agree with the decal colour. Was thinking of some Onza Ules grips in yellow.

S8-Tom":278n7hsm said:
Is that a polished 95x chainset?

Polished XTR, not sure of the year. Have since swapped it out for a polished GT CNC crank. In my opinion blue/grey ano on the M950-52 XTR parts was the worst, butt ugliest color Shimano ever put on a component...doesn't go with anything.

Lovely, lovely bike.
I would like to get hold of a GT, but have always been a bit wary of size. I'm 5'9" so should I go for a 16" or 18", the 18's always look as if they would be a bit tall for me. How tall are you as you have a 16"?

jupiter":14gz3i52 said:
Lovely, lovely bike.
I would like to get hold of a GT, but have always been a bit wary of size. I'm 5'9" so should I go for a 16" or 18", the 18's always look as if they would be a bit tall for me. How tall are you as you have a 16"?

I'm the same height. The 16" measurement is centre-to-centre so about 18" centre-to-top. The top tube's are usually around 21.5" on the 16" GT's.

So, short toptube lengths by todays standards (I suppose it is a retro/vintage bike) though 21.5" does seem very short. (is that actual or virtual t/t length?) Back to the days of 130mm stems! Wish I still had my old Zoom and Ringle stuff.

Actual, measured centre-headtube to centre seatpost/top-tube junction. Short top-tube by todays standards but great for those of us with short upper bodies!

Back