GT outpost 1992

Where can i get the original shimano brake for the rear, the dia compe is fine but like to have something like the original if any good.

Was also thinking of going for a magura hs33 on the front when i have the rsts

simonlovell99":30asuaik said:
Where can i get the original shimano brake for the rear, the dia compe is fine but like to have something like the original if any good.

Put a wanted ad up here else keep looking on ebay. Pop up quite often.

Back to the RSTs the benefit of suspension from old rsts will be limited at best and they will add weight over your rigid forks. And as pickle says it feels more direct with rigid forks.

The RST's should be ok. they are not standard, upgraded to speed springs. Had several pairs before and they are a good fork. But i try it and find out. not too much weight difference, when the rsts weigh 1.7kg

i just meant it would be better rigid

if you want a front suss bike buy something later

that is a beautiful bike as is ,ride it love it

the similarity is buy a stock moggie minor and stick 21" spinners on it

not gonna work

Really like these paint schemes.. anyone who likes GT's will like the look of the thing ;)

But since when did RST make anything more than real low end kit?
Never rode a pair myself but research has indicated they should be, pretty much, avoided . . :?

If they work for you though, and you like 'em... fair play :cool:

a few years ago i had a trek4000 with rigid forks and i upgraded to some bombers. i'm glad i kept hold of the old forks because the head angle wasn't designed for that kind of mod and the steering was sloppy and it generally felt terrible so i purchased an old eldridge grade with suspension forks and never looked back :D

simonlovell99":22xf7zjv said:

Was also thinking of going for a magura hs33 on the front when i have the rsts

from memory that u brake is original equipment, the shimano ones will be heavier and not work any better - alsothey are getting pricey for a nice one now.

I have finally put the rst mozo pros on, good pair of forks. They have eibach speed springs and one elastomer. It rides good

Attachments

• gt with mozo 1.jpg
    gt with mozo 1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,298
  • gt with mozo 2.jpg
    gt with mozo 2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,298
Back