GT LTS & RTS

Ex.mainey

Retro Newbie
Just a bit of advice really.

My brother is moving house and has given me his old bikes.
GT LTS and GT RTS.
Both been in a shed for a few years.

Am I best throwing in maybe £100 and a hell of a lot of work to get them in good condition.
Or sell them as projects.

Think they're both early models and have a lot of original kit. But getting any parts could be tricky. They both have a few blemishes on the frame that could polish out, would I best leave them for a "bike nut" to do. The LTS links are rusty, I could clean them up, or try and get replacent parts (if available) Or just try and clean them.

I don't want to spend 10-20 hours sorting these out, plus cash on parts, to find I've not really increased the value enough to warrant the work.

I would keep them, but I've already got 5 bikes. Lol..I've got problems.

Thanks.

The question will likely be answered by which model LTS / RTS?
I'm not 100% sure, but think they're both mk1's.

I can get some photos tomorrow when it's day light.

I'm not sure how to tell versions apart, I'll have to leave it to folks who know better. They could be later versions stripped and had new logos put on.

Year necessarily won’t increase or decrease value. More if they are a LTS1 or DH , or RTS 1 or Team then they are desirable. Any lesser model then likely not much value unless high spec parts.

I don't think you'd increase the value much especially if you have to buy parts. Most/all retro bikes are worth more in pieces. Most people buying them would want to change them to their own ideal spec. Next to impossible to turn a profit unless you can obtain period correct parts for next to nothing.

Thanks folks.

I'll get some photos tomorrow and list them as projects/for spares

Where's best to shift them?

eBay, local market place (Gumtree&Facebook) or here?

Unfortunately both are the low end models.

Rather than mk3 it’s the third model in the range (out of 3). The RTS is 1995.

Check carefully to see if the RTS is cracked around lower pivot points. If it’s not , you will likely be looking around 50-100£.

LTS is Low end , I’d say a 3 also as 4/5 level had elastomer. Last one the same I bought was £50.

If you had been a bit closer I’d of liked the RTS as I had one the same in 95

Back