GT LTS 2000 Shock and frame variations.....

malvern newbie

Retro Newbie
I have been putting some miles on my 'bay' LTS new build, out most nights lately.....It seems to get a fair bit of attention, or maybe it's the 54 year old fat bloke (well 13 stone down from 16 1/2, so going well :D )....bouncing it down flights of steps barely in control!

I have re-done the decals after finding some N.O.S. ones, still wrong for the bike, but I like the way it looks now;

Quick question...my frame is S8AA 01105......I have just got a butchered spare off the Bay (seat tube reduced)...paid £80, purely for the shock and the full Goldtec kit for spares......so two questions please;

The new frame is S8AA 00940 (both are LTS 2000's), and the rear triangle has CNC dropouts, and a CNC brace at the lower main bearing area, so is this a later / better / stiffer setup?...also the new rear shock is a Super Deluxe rather than a Coupe as on mine......so what do the knobs do please :?:.....I am assuming rebound at the bottom, but what's the top - compression?......sorry for the basic questions, but this suspension malarky is all new to me (on the back end).

So basically, will I improve the stiffness of the rear end, and the ride, by transferring these new bits? (the top bearings went on tonight as I had not bought the full set for mine).

many thanks in advance, and see you out there, Ed

Attachments

• shiney .JPG
    shiney .JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 633
  • dropouts .JPG
    dropouts .JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 633
  • triangle base .JPG
    triangle base .JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 633
  • new shock .JPG