GT Karakoram "Tequila Sunrise" 1992 The ressurrection!e 30.5

Re:

great find and nice job so far. love your elite that looks very schmick. I had a Corey O'brien like that one years ago. The finish on Santa Cruz decks was really good. as was their artwork

Re:

looking good! one of my all time favorite paint schemes! which is good, because i just scored this same bike for myself! waiting on shipment at the moment, should be here next week, and then the restoration begins.

anyone have a better catalog pic/spec than what is here in the archives? i may go full original OEM parts on it, although not sure yet. hard to resist all the fancy crap i have laying around....

Re:

I have a 1992 GT catalogue, I'd be happy to scan the spec and pictures for you. I had a hankering for one of these back in the day.

Re:

That would be awesome! Thank you soo much! I'm not sure who to get in touch with, but the existing 92 catalog scan in the archives is not the full version. And it's in german.haha

any luck on that catalog scan there?

millhouse - what size post is this thing using? mine came with a cheapo 27.2, that is obviously from a different bike. is it a 26.6?

No catalog scans here but pretty sure these are the specs:

Frame & Fork
Frame Construction TIG-welded steel
Frame Tubing Material Tange MTB DB chrome-moly
Fork Brand & Model GT Bologna Lite full chrome-moly
Fork Material
Rear Shock

Components
Component Group Shimano Deore LX Rapidfire Plus
Brakeset Shimano Deore LX brakes, levers
Shift Levers Shimano Deore LX Rapidfire Plus
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore LX
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore LX
Crankset Shimano Deore LX, 26/36/46 teeth
Pedals ATB with Steel Cage
Bottom Bracket
BB Shell Width
Rear Cogs 7-speed, 12 - 28 teeth
Chain DID Super Lanner
Seatpost GT Alloy
Saddle GT Competition
Handlebar GT Ergo Alloy Multi-Hand Position
Handlebar Extensions
Handlebar Stem GT Flip-Flop III Chromoly for Aheadset
Headset

Wheels
Hubs Shimano Deore LX
Rims Araya TM-18, 32-hole

Smithjss70":15esxc6k said:
Frame Tubing Material Tange MTB DB chrome-moly

1992 they switched from Tange to True Temper ..... I can't remember which off the top of my head though.

[edit] GTX

Due to alot of other bikes and priorities this bike have been neglected for a long time.
Got hold of some fixed 700c rims i wanted to try out just for fun :) The result was amazing :)

Latest posts

Back