Grove Innovations hardcore (Ebay.com)

weps":17dhvz8j said:
well, it sold for 400.00 + 50.00 for shipping. what do you think?

seems rather high to me.

You can approach this question from multiple points. True connaisseaurs could argue it is a bit pricey for what they regularly sell for, but on the other hand one could argue they are dead cheap compared to what stuff of some other makes currently go for, especially considering the awesome (unmatched?) built quality and the rareness.

Finally there is always the 'What is it worth to you question?'. With vintage mountainbikes a lot is about emotion.

My 2cts

- Melvin

Elev12k":1facha0w said:
weps":1facha0w said:
well, it sold for 400.00 + 50.00 for shipping. what do you think?

seems rather high to me.

You can approach this question from multiple points. True connaisseaurs could argue it is a bit pricey for what they regularly sell for, but on the other hand one could argue they are dead cheap compared to what stuff of some other makes currently go for, especially considering the awesome (unmatched?) built quality and the rareness.

Finally there is always the 'What is it worth to you question?'. With vintage mountainbikes a lot is about emotion.

i agree this is all true. much, i think, also depnds on what other bikes a person has and how that effects the value to them of new purchases. for 400.00 and assuming all components are in good, usable condidtion, i feel the buyer payed a fair price. i don't think it was an exceptional deal though...especailly considering the price of rodys assault and some of the prices ive seen for other grove items.

the hardcore is an interesting bike and one of the reason's i like them is because they still look 'good' today...with the beefer tubes.

Back