Groovy not getting no love

My road bike has Moustache bars. They were a bugger to get hold of, because at the time no-one in the UK sold them.
What am I looking at?

My road bike has Moustache bars. They were a bugger to get hold of, because at the time no-one in the UK sold them. But when I did find them, they were only £25, 'cause they were so weird.
Anyway, what am I looking at?

Lysander":31itr6oa said:
chris667":31itr6oa said:
That is proper. Moustache bars look weird, but they're so good for riding long distances. Lots of bikes will have them in the future.

I always thought we'd have personal jet packs and flying cars in the future.......

Though, in relation to when I was a kid and watched 'Tommorrow's World', this is the future, and I'm still waitin'.........that Raymond Baxter was an effin' liar!! :x

And they said you could put jam on CDs and they would still work! Total rubbish. Said they sound better too, and that's a lie. Give me a well pressed record any day... Am I going off on a tangent? :oops: I gotta say I like it alot, but if it were mine, I'd change the bars & stem.

Think it looks dreadful. Would happily cut the name of the tube and put it on my wall, but that is genuinely a monstrosity, IMO!

All credit to whoever created it though, no slave to convention.

legrandefromage":2rh79b90 said:
scant":2rh79b90 said:
its a generation thing, most of them are too new to mtb to know the stems origins

Or just a bunch of shouty knobs who have no idea of anything other than their own small small world.

Oh I don't know, there are some accurate and amusing comments there.

Whether you agree with him or not... "What a waste of that big cinder block - used as a stand instead of being thrown at the bike." is quite funny.

"The GT's designed to let fatnackers roll down a hill they're too lazy to ride up."

Made me chuckle...!

Back