Gritopia

Re:

I'd hope to be on go no later than 10am. I want to have plenty of time to get around so as not to be caught by sweeper. I will equip for crap weather if that's your concern. Further K, dont feel you have to buddy me around, if you want to vanish into distance feel free. Just a day out on the bike for me and if needed I may bale at half way point as Dave thinks he might. See you the morra if we can find each other ;)

I'm hoping to be there early, and I'll be parking at the suggested parking place.

If you guys want to park at my place its a five minute cruise to the start, there's space for a few cars with no hassle of hunting for a spot..

I'll be aiming to leave as early as I can get up, especially now I've seen this:
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/wea ... nType=area

K- there'll be a couple of quicker guys with me, I'm expecting them to split off and I'll dawdle with Stephen

Re:

Cool, ping me your address and I'll see you there :)

Cracking day out. Kinda wondered on the way down why I was bothering, quite far for a jaunt round glentress with no MTB but saw it through anyway. So glad I did because I really enjoyed it, some really nice bits of countryside,and they have nailed the course. The tweed valley doesn't disappoint. Caught up with Velo but on the climb up Janet's brae my gearing was a bit tall and I had to get a shufty oan, unfortunately never managed to meet up again. Did pedal for a while with Daves mate which was nice. Happy to say the ex CX cum gravel bike performed without any mechanical issues,but I know remember a few points that I had stricken from my memory. The bike is pretty much a full on CX'r and as such with the size of the alu tubes, huge seat post diameter it's is stiffer than a.........(insert your own stiff metaphor). Back and wrists took a doing. Also the wheelbase is tight, with some toe overlap and the BB is high, not confidence inspiring at speed. Still apart from that I'd easily recommend the whole thing, really a grand day out. One other note was the biblical downpour on the way home, crazy mental rain!

Re:

Sounds like a decent event. I'd like to explore a bit more of the Tweed Valley at some point, been limited to the Glentress trails so far.
Anyone get any photos ftom today then?

Back