Gritopia

Re:

Aye it's on, can't make it so I can't recall the date.

Re:

I'll be on a bitsa flat bar roadbike with as wide touring tyres as I can squeeze in. There will be a bit of retro to it but thats by accident not design. In 90's early noughties I rode touring bikes on and off road even over a pass in the Cairngorms so this Gravel Road idea is tickling my cyclebuds :D

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2nfwi0jz said:
Think Off Road Audax will be on, its usually in July from Dalkeith out into East Lothian, £5 on the day. Last year it was pishing doon so turn out wasn't huge but its a good run. :D
Never been wetter or muddier... :)

Re:

I’ve signed up for this too- racing the Enjoyro the week before too...
Will be on the retromod- considering some skinner tyres if I can find 29er gumwalls...

Re:

Everyone still a goer? I'm putting the finishing touches to my gravelbeast. Bit of a parts bin jobbie. I've not been pedalling much of late so it'll definitely be a social ride.

Re:

After exhaustive testing of various of my bikes I think my Gritopia bike is my Raleigh Activator 2 with 26 x 1.5" slicks. Bit heavy yes but super comfy and handles rather well, plus its got plenty of gears and good brakes. Principal reason though is its serviced and working well. Not got time to fettle anything else half as good and yes normally it would be classed as less than half as good as anything else :roll: :LOL:

Fitness is rubbish so might even have difficulty keeping up with a social ride :facepalm:

Re: Re:

RobMac":h7zwv582 said:
Tickets £60 & £75 each :shock:

In other news the cost of a pint of milk has exceeded a tanner ;)

Re:

I'm in, steed of choice will probably be the retro'esque scottish steel hardtail. May be joined by some others too

Current semi-informed route guess is Janets brae to the mast at GT, over the back heading north down and back up to the windfarm at Bowbeat hill, after that no idea..

Latest posts

Back