Gripshift SRT versions?

Re:

Lightweight, simple, serviceable, they just work.
That's why Sram still makes Gripshift for their top spec X01, XX1 groups, as well as GX, NX, and the multitude of lower groups.

Re:

Great info there guys, really appreciate your help... ;)
I'll have a look around & see what the best options are, although the current shifter are still functional I noticed today that the numbers are almost worn off so may look at replacing the whole units after all.. :facepalm:
Cheers
G

Re: Re:

Graham_hkr":1z8qlvt1 said:
I noticed today that the numbers are almost worn off so may look at replacing the whole units after all.. :facepalm:

To be honest, the price difference between finding new grips and replacing the shifters probably isn't that much anyway.

Re: Re:

jimo746":26vknyrl said:
Graham_hkr":26vknyrl said:
I noticed today that the numbers are almost worn off so may look at replacing the whole units after all.. :facepalm:
To be honest, the price difference between finding new grips and replacing the shifters probably isn't that much anyway.
Yes exactly, someone in the wanted thread has a new set of SRT600 + grips for £16, no brainer!

I replaced the rubber grips with cut down bar grips, cost me about a fiver in total. There's a thread somewhere...

Re:

Srt 800 X-ray was the lightest 8 speed/24 speed version and is in keeping with era as my kona kula 95 came with them.

They are now 24yr old and haven’t missed a single beat since new.

Brilliant items

Didn’t spot this thread till now, but I’ve been doing some research for my next Mountain Mayhem build which will have XTR 9 speed rear mech & cassette. I wanted a gripshift as I feel more able to operate them in technical sections than I have ever done with triggers or thumbs (without looking down at what I’m doing).
So I’ve found myself a SRAM Attack 9 which I believe is simpatico with the Shimano kit, only time will tell……. :|

Attachments

• SRAM Attack 9 speed.jpg
    SRAM Attack 9 speed.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 291
They are, I use the full pipe (long version) on my commuter and it's a lovely shifter.
Excellent in a commuter compared to trigger or thimbies (for me)

I do also like the off road too ;-)

Back