Great early MTB Brands that are not what they used to be...

fagin":3bket8xw said:
Er I'm fairly sure Orange hardtails are made in Taiwan. Hence the quality welding compared to a 5.

I'm fully aware of this and that's why my last three main rides have been a 2006 5, a 2009 5, a 2014 5 29.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":1gdnnnng said:
I love orange , but I think the platform needs to be updated, it's getting long in the tooth despite the advances in shock technology, I really couldn't believe the difference in performance and weight when compared other market presence

Was quite the opposite for me. I tested a Santa Cruz Tallboy TC (a bike that WMB raved about and said blew everything else out of the water) back to back with the current 650b 5 and IMO the 5 was miles better. The SC didn't even feel much lighter when in the saddle. Mate's got a Specialized Camber Evo that's a nice thing and I've tried various other decent bikes but I still prefer mine. Horses for courses and all that.

Not frame manufacturers, but I haven't seen 2 brit names mentioned yet; Hope & royce.

As far as I'm aware, they're both doing what they used to do, and doing it well... ?

Royce may not be pushing the envelope anymore (if they ever did; stunningly crafted but straighforward products), but both are still renowned for their quality and customer service.

sinnerman":1pcjb3h0 said:
The Allegiance to one or the other is the Prime example of the Marketing machine in in Full Swing.

And what better marketing tool than a forum...whichever forum you go on ....never knows whos running and sponsoring to push certain brands :LOL:

Back