Great big Singlespeed thread!

Ok, so not far what I'm running currently at 34:19 but I'm a big bloke currently but it's all good.

Yes I will post up my one off titanium ss sometime soon, just waiting on my ipad charger plug due to leaving it at hotel over a week ago now.
;(

But no doubt it's worth waiting for the pic to be posted as it's rather lovely.
There's 2 pics of it on mtbr under my username Tinstigator if you're desperado like. ;d

Has since had 38T FSA ring which was a nice ring swapped for a Renthal 34T.

Also since swapped out Deity green balistic nylon pedals for Hope orange ano ones.

First pic shows a drizzly day and an appalling iphone 5 iirc camera pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 2,536
  • IMG_0532 (1).JPG
    IMG_0532 (1).JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 2,535
  • IMG_20150814_153114159.jpg
    IMG_20150814_153114159.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 2,536
  • IMG_20150814_153243507.jpg
    IMG_20150814_153243507.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 2,536
Thankyou kindly sir.

Yes they are Thomson Ti bars with 12 degree back sweep.
Hard to track down in stock these days so was lucky.

I feel that fitting the charge spoon was a poor decision not really because it was a relatively cheap saddle but mainly because the comfort and support is lacking somewhat.

Maybe I should fit some Tena lady pads for that extra cushy feel. ;D

Yes most definitely do like them but then this is my first I think flat barred mtb.

I definitely think they're worth it over say Enve bars which are amazing as I know already.

I'm kinda thinking I should have opted for 6 degree back sweep ones instead but could be getting used to the Ergon grips.

To add as I was just in middle of making an egg roll.

The finish and overall quality is of an extremely good quality and they actually for me atleast reduce buzz through the bars.
Not excessively stiff but plenty stiff enough (edit, having said that they are pretty darn stiff). I was thinking of my Enve riser bars I had on another bike which I had limited use of. The Enve bars were surprising to me how comfy they felt but carbon for handlebars is hit or miss on quality of other brands offerings.

They come as 730mm width uncut and have left them as I have broad shoulders.

The riser versions come with only a 15mm rise and are 780mm uncut but another £110 on top.

Crc I see have stock of mine now.
Use the crc code for another £10 off or I'm sure a bike shop on ebay is selling them for £155 which is a very good price indeed.

I paid £139 new from Wiggle back when they had incredible savings.
Which makes these even more of a stand out bar.

Hthelps a bit. :)

Re:

Very much a work in progress.

The Gary Fisher was nice and converted me to 29ers but just felt a little big...I always waver between small and medium frames..generally ending up with small...the Gary Fisher was a medium :-(

I also have a small On-One Inbred which is my do anything bike...comfy...rides nice etc.

So when a small Scandal frame cropped up on here with sliding drop outs...well I had to really.

It was green and a bit worn in places...so was going to respray in white...I like white...I also like shiny......so I did it Grey with a satin clear-coat...still not sure if I like it TBH...can always be redone.

Awaiting on an adapter for the front brake, forks are from the Genesis now that has gone back to boingy forks....this probably will too...old wrists and all that.

Seems to fit nicely and is comfy after a short 'round the block with no front brake.

The big tubes make the tyres look pretty small...they looked big on the Gary Fisher.

Just needs riding now to get it dialed in properly.

Re:

Ta Cherrybomb

Soon be on the road hopefully...been a bit of a driveway ornament whilst I get it sorted.

Back