Gran sport strada chainset - pedal choices

Personally I'd buy a cup and cone campag bottom bracket like this one which seems to be a slightly later one with alloy cups and should be 111mm as the older one's I have is 112mm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campagnolo-St ... 2c6f5a6d72

Or go for an ISO sealed Tifosi..

Shaun

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I took a look at the chainset and it has a diamond with a 9 inside it on the back of the crank arm. '170 strada' is also written there

Diamond in a nine is 1979 ..... best looking Gran Sport IMHO. I first came across those in 1978 at the Harrogate bike show. They were not available to the public and could only be bought as part of a bike. Viking Severn Valley was one of them :)

They were only sold to the trade later.

170 is the crank length in mm. as Roadking says Strada = Road (pista=track)

Such a nice crankset deserves a period cup and cone BB :D

Shaun

lewisfoto":bc0jtq0n said:
Which Shimano BB is ISO? everyone I have had over the years have been JIS which will not set properly on a Campagnolo chainset. Even the old Dura Ace BBs are their own unique taper and not ISO. Regardless it is hardly keeping it simple to advice someone to look for a special ISO Shimnao bb when the vast majority of Shimano BBs will not be correct.

My Campag Record chainsets sit very happily on Shimano BB's. I use sealed cassette BB's in 113/114 length and chainline etc. seems fine.

Back