• Pace RC35

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boggo bendy rigids

• Pace RC30 pimp rigids

• Total voters
:D

Only ever had modern suspension, My White Bros DT1.2 2004, thats it, they have been not a lot of hassle really, just learning to tweak em and teflon em.

Wasn't fortunate enough BITD, hence the lack of knowledge and tempation to give em a go.

Just weighed 3 random unicrown forks I have kicking about the flat 900 - 1100g, blimey, Sure I read Pace were 800g mark which would sure make for a super light build

Vectors only come in at around 1300g (with elastomers). Not too much maintenance (teflon once in a while and an oil change if the ODS version).

Fraid Perrys right,old suspension is crap and I'm including everything up to and including Judy's :evil: Go rigid! Although I know what you mean about availability for inch stuff which is why after blowing Mag 21s to bits after 20 mins I'm currently stuck using aforementioned Judy's :evil:

Agree with the above, old suspension is suspect...forks were always sloppy and prone to seizing up (Manitous)

RC30s seem to be overpriced....it's the carbon effect, I think some Triple butted P2s would be a good alternative

Go for a set of RC36's.

You get the looks of a classic Pace fork with the usability of a more modern design. (Coil springs and damping cartridge). The 1" steerer is still not a problem and set at 60mm they won't upset the handling. Personally I reckon they're the best fork Pace ever made.

OR

If you want to go rigid, consider the Orange F7s I'm sure they did them in 1" , they're just as good as a P2 and they'll look ace on a P7.

Its been suggested a few times that RC36 might just be a bit too much for the rigid 1993 Prestige, but would like a bike just so I can put some on, they look great.
bikes018.jpg

OrangePrestige-480-90-480-70.jpg

For a moment yesterday, i thought about selling it all and building a (rare) modern Prestige or clockwork, would be a great modern bike but not the same nostalgia wise, plus they'd throw bottles/bladders at me on retro meets

early in my for searches i followed some F7's on ebay ending at 50 or 60 quid, thought that was strong, in hindsight starting to wish i'd bid.

Really feeling the RC30's after last nights thinking/researching and discussions would look and be right ( I fought the law and the law won?)
plus it should deliver the right ride experience and essence of my old rigid bendy forked prestige.

--

➡️ PS to help others with newer 1" bikes, i learnt that Pace can order RC31's with 1" steerers NEW for another £20 :cool:

orange71":8bbj3i2q said:
Vectors only come in at around 1300g (with elastomers). Not too much maintenance (teflon once in a while and an oil change if the ODS version).

I love the vector idea, they track so nicely! :)

Back