Going up or down?

SS chain tension - Up or down?

• Up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
daj":2y3p9aot said:
I meant the chain position coming off the cassette??

It's the amount of wrap to the top pulley that matters - where the other pulley has to be to take up the slack doesn't influence how many teeth the chain is in contact with.

well for what its worth then, I have got one that goes down and have had no problems yet :D

up is better but springs wound so they push down are more plentifull and probably cheaper
:LOL:

i havnt got around to taking one apart to see if the spring is the same as an ad990 but i suspect it is

geared bikes are less likely to slip under load due to rarely being under load , if the gear gets hard a lower ratio is an inadequate feeling away

None of the above... get a propper ss frame with track ends ;)

Or get Dave Yates to retro fit some as he's just down the road at Coningsby :cool:

perry":3o91497w said:
geared bikes are less likely to slip under load due to rarely being under load , if the gear gets hard a lower ratio is an inadequate feeling away

I just don't get this slippage thing. If Alessandro Petacchi can stomp on the pedals like a gorilla with 53-11, so wrapped over only 6 cog teeth then surely it's not an issue. Let's face it, the road sprinters push so hard you can see the frames flex in the slomo finishes.

I have never, ever seen slippage on a road sprint finish.

is that 53 - 11 from a standing uphill start with a chain packed full of mud though ?

a road mech probably has a stronger spring than most people set their tensioners too

Back