Gisburn Forest 25th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the boardwalks were horrendously dangerous, made it a laugh walking over them, and i had to rescue a young lass who was torn between wading through the stream alongside, falling in, and getting herself and bike across lol!

Really enjoyed today, but my word its technical, and then some!

Didnt get too many pics as we werent keen on stopping for long as the temp cannot have been above freezing point, the puddles had smashed ice from the riders before us, but were already starting to re-freeze as we went through and re-broke them!

I ache all over and i can feel in my legs that ive properly worked myself hard, but i absolutley loved it, providing the cold spell we're expecting doesnt make it too risky to get there, ill be back on the 25th!

Pics are uploading to PB as i type btw!

Spudly":1i2wth00 said:
Oh the boardwalks were horrendously dangerous, made it a laugh walking over them, and i had to rescue a young lass who was torn between wading through the stream alongside, falling in, and getting herself and bike across lol!

Really enjoyed today, but my word its technical, and then some!

Didnt get too many pics as we werent keen on stopping for long as the temp cannot have been above freezing point, the puddles had smashed ice from the riders before us, but were already starting to re-freeze as we went through and re-broke them!

I ache all over and i can feel in my legs that ive properly worked myself hard, but i absolutley loved it, providing the cold spell we're expecting doesnt make it too risky to get there, ill be back on the 25th!

Pics are uploading to PB as i type btw!

You should try it in the dark ;)

Not in this weather im not, but id like to try that later on in summer though, really enjoyed today and also highlighted that fact that i really have improved so much from the level i was at this time last year, i wouldnt have ridden a third of it last year lol!

Matthews":1m9mlk6m said:
Well the reccy was a success, might miss out Swoopy on the day as there are a couple of nasty walk down drops, wooded board sections were nigh on impossible to walk on let alone ride due to ice and rocky part of Simons swamp was sheet ice but overall no probs , Spudley should be along later with some piccies , car park is £3 and there's no cafe we could find so bring ya Butties .
Matthew

Thanks alot matthew.

No cafe, will need a taq along for me lunch ;)

Also feel free everybody to bring your jumble, swaps and tat. I'm seriously lacking a jumble in my life. I have a good variety of spares to flog.

Heres the pics i took, not too many as it was cold lol

Someone walking up the 'Cardiac Hill'

Me getting a telling off for taking pics and not riding..

A look back down across 'Cardiac Hill'

And then thanks to my new toy (christmas present from me, to me) we had clean bikes before we had even left the carpark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back