Giant Team model info ? 80's ? 90's ??road bike

Sprunghub

Dirt Disciple
Are there any sources anyone can point me to on the Web, archive material or links, for the relative merits or otherwise of what appears to be a light weight steel Giant road bike in 'pink' & white trim. I start from a knowledge base of '0' & work backwards from there.
I get the impression it is / was a good frame & well equipped in it's day. The model is "Team", but there are no clues in terms of transfers or logo's to suggest the material the frame is made from. I know it is steel because I can see the rust ;) The only 'sticker' on it is a "Made in Taiwan" one.

It appears to have been upgraded for regular - probably competitive - use as original parts have worn.

I've spent hours looking on-line & can't track much down. Apologies in advance if it is too mundane or 'new' to be recorded anywhere.....I'm guessing it's decent & 80's.....which may well establish just how little I know !

from the colour it sounds like a Team Deutch Telecom or maybee known as Team Telecom.

Thanks for that.....it led me to do some hunting around on the Continent & I found this ( but nothing much else ?)....seems to be essentially the same colour way & it is a TEAM model. Oddly, the length of 'head stock' between where the cross-tube & the bottom tube looks quite a bit greater on the one in this Ebay De listing.....not sure whether that simply denotes it is a larger frame....nor really sure how the geometary works :oops:

It is logo'd up as Cro Mo, so I'm going to assume it is the same material given all other similarities.

I think it's a more than decent enough bit of kit for my needs :roll: It doesn't seem to be the case that Giant made low quality, 'budget' market bikes ?

http://cgi.ebay.de/GIANT-TEAM-klass...t_Fahrräder&hash=item3f095134c5#ht_500wt_1156

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks very similar to my Peloton Superlite, it's got the same tubing and forks. Not the lightest frame but nice to ride nonetheless and probably on a par with 531. :D

Latest posts

Back