Gear / Crank Set up

I am guessing that the chain ran outside of the frame and this was obvious so you had no need for other indicators.

At what stage does a wheel need re-dished - is it allow a larger cassette/freewheel or ...

Have i lost the plot now?

Thanks all

Bikenut,

Thanks for the link. I had looked at Sheldon but could not find that section - can you tell me where it is located on the site - for future reference.

Thanks

Each to their own but I consider the chain line to be the last thing to bother about. The idea of cente lines etc matching doesn't end to make much difference if you use gear combos differnt to those that it was all planed for.

Best thing to do is install the BB you have and plonk the chainset on.....if the rings hit the chainstay then it's all gone pants..

There should be 3mm or so clearance between the chainstay and the rings, anything less and they might rub as the frame moves .

Post a pic :)

Shaun

Thanks Shaun and Bikenut

Bikenut,

I meant where exactly is that section on Sheldon - i have been looking at bits and pieces on the site but did not come across that section. Thankfully, i was able to click on the link - LOL my computer skills extend as far as that!

Update - I FOUND THE ALPHABETICAL LIST OF TOPICS! Thanks

Shaun,

The pic is in my head at the moment, i have a couple of frames and various bits to build them up and i am just considering what is the best build for each of them. When i get my Rapide finished i shall start another one, and pics will follow and probably more posts about how to get it built!!! I am in pre-planning stage at the moment!

Thanks for all the great advice chaps and chapesses, i would be floundering without it.

Back