Gazelle Frame and Gazelle Forks both 531-on ebay

sawston_vulcan":dp6e3u68 said:
As happens in a close count in an election....i demand a recount!..Hehehe.....I just got it..was told it was 531 and had a seatpost of 27.2mm......so assumed double butted and that it was a 56cm seat tube......but it turns out to be 26.8mm...so plain gauge and 58cm C2T.....so intitial reaction...sell it!...but according to Lemmond formula...right size for my inseam.....and getting used to the idea if riding a plain gauge bike after being reassured it would ride nicely....been told rear triangle would be good quality chromoly ...not 531.....and i hope that is true.......but i'd still sell it if an offer of £195 plus postage was made......but please convince me i am wrong and i should keep it!

Chuck some bits on it and take it for a spin. Even better idea, get one of those bolt on hangers and run it geared, now that would be cool!

sawston_vulcan":11vetyzu said:
one gear..yes.....gears?....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

with you there on the gear front but if i was, hypothetically speaking going to run gears then a track frame would be perfect...it would annoy both camps!

I've seen track ends with a gear hanger before...still can get them..they were found on short distance TT frames that included lo-pro versions..but give a limited back wheel movement been told....The Holdsworth [or CB Olympic]...has a much longer travel...

Anyway bolting on a hanger on the Holdsworth would be sacrilegious in the extreme!

No chaps! None of this chat is selling the Gazelle....or the Holdsworth.....so cha by all means but please BUY whilst you are chatting!!!!

Now form an orderly queue!

Mistaken Identity!

Good luck,

but don't you think you should establish what make the road/path frame is first before describing it as a Holdsworth?

Referring of course to the"other"thread...

Rk.

Re: Mistaken Identity!

roadking said:
Good luck,

but don't you think you should establish what make the road/path frame is first before describing it as a Holdsworth?

Good point!

I am calling my frame a 'Holdsworth' for ease of discussion...mainly because that is what is written on the frame but i'm 99% certain it is a Holdsworthy badged Claud Butler Olympic sprint frame that was refinished at the Holdsworthy factory in Oakfield Road at a later date in Holdsworth Elan colours [c1981-82].....look at the link below.....identical to mine i think in every detail bar the decals and headbadge.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10691045080 ... 8Yduo34JQ#

Anybody interested in a lovely Gazelle frame and/or fork or even a Holdsworth/CB frame?

Mistaken Identity!

sawston_vulcan":3bmbfg94 said:
roadking":3bmbfg94 said:
Good luck,

Good point!

I am calling my frame a 'Holdsworth' for ease of discussion...mainly because that is what is written on the frame but i'm 99% certain it is a Holdsworthy badged Claud Butler Olympic sprint frame that was refinished at the Holdsworthy factory in Oakfield Road at a later date in Holdsworth Elan colours [c1981-82].....look at the link below.....identical to mine i think in every detail bar the decals and headbadge.

Anybody interested in a lovely Gazelle frame and/or fork or even a Holdsworth/CB frame?

As I originally said, I did not think it was a Holdsworth.

So why have you advertised it on ebay as a Holdsworth -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110857050829? ... 1423.l2648

rather than what you believe it to be?

Roadking.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Mistaken Identity!

roadking":3nozkec2 said:
sawston_vulcan":3nozkec2 said:
roadking":3nozkec2 said:
Good luck,

Good point!

As I originally said, I did not think it was a Holdsworth.

So why have you advertised it on ebay as a Holdsworth, rather than what you believe it to be?

Roadking.

For the reason i mentioned above.....it would make the frame explanation more complicated plus the CB angle is a theory even if i'm 99% certain there could another reason its decals say Holdsworth....could have been a NOS frame in the Holdsworthy factory that was painted for the first time in the 1980s in Holdsworth livery.....saying its a CB Olympic Sprint is a best guess but no more.....so i'll leave the description as it is but if it is sold....would tell the winning bidder....i don't believe i am misleading anyone....Perhaps being economical with the truth?...However in this case i am not sure what factual truth really is.....neither do you....we make educated guesses but no more and what if the 1% is correct and its not an CB Olympic Sprint....it says Holdsworth....i bought it a Holdsworth and though i doubt it is.....that what it says on the tin and until i am 100% certain....i'll leave it that way.....as there is no attempt at deception on my behalf....if i were to say it took a 27.2mm seatpost....that would be dishonest...as i would leading buyers to believe it is a double butted frame....it is a good solid road-path frame....end of story.

Any way after 1958 when CB name was bought by Holdsworth...All CB's were effectively Holdsworth frames.....mine is no different.

Now any change of selling my Gazelle...which is 100% Gazelle!

Some of us make guesses for reasons of expediency.

I rarely guess, as I rarely sell anything, and rarely buy anything unless it has a provenance.

Rk.

Back