Gawd I'm getting old!

You know you're old when you start wearing hats to keep your head warm rather than as a fashion statement (or when elasticated waist bands 'make good, practical sense'). Out with the baseball cap, in with the bobble hat, mmmm OAP-tastic

This Nu Skool riding is insania!

After MTBing in my teens I messed briefly with BMX befor I left it on the back burner, and went to uni and did other stuff, returned to MTBing like 2003/4 after a decade out and there was no escape, everyone has gone LARGE, the Bmx stuff of 1994 is the MTB of the Naughties! Eek

proper mentalists and talents who do this, i couldn't - ever, specially now, knowing your limits and your bodys limits stops ya. Plus biking isn't my whole life, not that my other hobbies arent a wee bit dangerous. :D

I slipped off my commuter yesterday at about 15mph and that hurts enough!

Very impressive. How do you win?

Presumably you have to finish the course without falling off, but that means that the careful wallflower rider would win.

Perhaps you have to finish and then there are points for style?

If you get 3/4 way down without falling off, then have a tumble, do your points for the first bit count?

I'm lost already. Any sport that has to have someone judging points for style isn't a sport.

Darts is a sport; gymnastics isn't. DIving isn't a sport; rallying is.

[And incase anyone actually thinks like this too, referees uphold predefined rules, they don't give points for who is best at sticking to the rules]

:D

big balls
big skills
big travel
big respect

shows how far technology and skills have evolved,wonder if thisll ever be classed as retro 20yrs from now?

Back