full sus or seatpost

montytri

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I need some advice/ help, i recently found out that i have 3 x wedge fractures in my back, been advised to stop running and do more cycling.
I have a front sus bike but i was thinking that a full sus would be a good idea or a suspension seat post.
I like the bike i have and don't really want to change it, but i don't know enough about sus seatpost,
any pointers would be appreciated.

Depends on your riding style, I also have a bad back, ride mainly XC/trail centres and have used a sus-seatpost to take out the sting for years, on rigids and HTs

Back in the day I had a USE shock post, these are still available (£45) I think,but not as good as the bikehut post (£20) I now have, don't be put off by the Halfords own brand, this is only slightly heavier than the USE post but actually works!

From everything I've ever read or heard, Thudbusters are in an entirely different league to USE etc.

Recently I've discovered the joy of a spring saddle - like a Brooks B67 for example - and cannot believe how effective they are at numbing the bumps, highly recommend trying one!

I never considered a sprung saddle, got to be worth a look, thanks.

Somebody else has suggested a Thudbuster, i think i'll try one of these.

Beauty of a Brooks is if you don't love it, you shouldn't lose anything on it when reselling ;)

Although I can't conceive of not loving one!

I have a 3 speed Triumph roadster (1940s) as a rolling restoration/pub bike, this has a sprung saddle, and one smooth ride :D

Back