Fulfilling The Dream (1992 Scott Super Evolution)

Re:

Great thread and project! Not usually a fan of aluminium bikes or suspension forks or e-stays for that matter! But yours is all round very cool. Scott really did make nice stuff, especially aftermarket bits and bobs. I remember those grips from the early 90s by the way, best grips ever!

Re: Re:

yakboy":3hx7yrlg said:
So I think I am going to call this done. I've had to stop myself over cleaning most of the parts as I wanted the parts to reflect the patina of the frame...

48683210011_5a25c99321_c.jpg

I bought some different Scott pedals in the end with the cast logo.

48682796748_e5d51bf1b0_c.jpg

48682795703_ff961150e0_c.jpg

I was really chuffed to find some Scott USA bar end plugs

48683134281_cfa1fbf7f5_c.jpg

The spec is as follows:

Frame: 1992 Scott Super Evolution 17.5"
Forks: Scott Unishock LF
Rims: Mavic M231CR 32 Hole
Hubs: XT M730
Tyres: Ritchey Megabite ZMax Tanwall
Stem: Scott 130mm
Top cap: Scott USA
Bars: Scott AT2
Grips. Scott AT4 and Scott tribar grips
Shifters and groupset: Shimano XT M735
Brakes: Scott Pederson Self energising cantilevers
Pads: Scott Matthauser
Pedals: Scott SPD
Seatpost: Ritchey Microadjust
Saddle: Scott Branded
Rear Cassette: Sunrace 11-28 Alloy
Skewers: Shimano XT
Headset: Ritchey Aheadset 1 1/8

I need to get a few rides in to fettle it so it's ready for Mayhem 2020 just the annoying problem of the left shifter not springing back into position. If anybody knows anyone who is brave enough to take the pod apart and service it please let me know

Beautiful, great build :cool:

You should put this into this months BoTM.

I always thought the SE brakes were for rear only for some reason :?

Mark

You already know what I think about this build, so hopefully nobody will get the hump if I ask a THM style random question

What the hell do you get up to in the garden?

Do you really take al-fresco showers :shock: as there’s a out door shower head in one of your pics, must be bloody chilly most of the year

Attachments

• 1038355C-BC2D-4C0D-A4AE-734C3C8429D9.jpeg
    1038355C-BC2D-4C0D-A4AE-734C3C8429D9.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 284
Retro Spud":3glm3om2 said:
You already know what I think about this build, so hopefully nobody will get the hump if I ask a THM style random question

Do you really take al-fresco showers :shock: as there’s a out door shower head in one of your pics, must be bloody chilly most of the year

Only you Mr Spud....only you :LOL: :roll:
It's a work in progress...will eventually be our hot tub area but being the eco freaks that we are, will be a British built wooden one which runs off our wood pellet and solar thermal boiler, so is taking time to construct, the shower is up and running and as it is not overlooked there is nothing better than an refreshing al-fresco shower after a long ride :LOL:

Re: Re:

mk one":zbja3s93 said:
I always thought the SE brakes were for rear only for some reason :?

Mark

You are not alone in thinking that,the rears obviously "energise " in the other direction and look subtley different..which is a good job as you wouldn’t want them on the wrong way round :shock:

yakboy":3ihjsxg6 said:
Retro Spud":3ihjsxg6 said:

Only you Mr Spud....only you :LOL: :roll:
It's a work in progress...will eventually be our hot tub area but being the eco freaks that we are, will be a British built wooden on which runs off our wood pellet and solar thermal boiler, so is taking time to construct, the shower is up and running and as it is not overlooked there is nothing better than an refreshing al-fresco shower after a long ride :LOL:

I must confess to being as impressed as I am jealous - fair play to you for having the vision and means to pull it off, the garden is obviously someone’s passion and looks amazing..... and that old antique bike in the foreground doesn’t look out of place in it either !

WimVDD":1l93q0uk said:
Nice build. I hope to find some of that neoprene bar cover for my (naked) AT-2 bars.
Keep checking eBay. That's where I found mine. You can still get yellow AT4 grips on ebay at the moment

Back