Fulfilling The Dream (1992 Scott Super Evolution)

Re:

Looking on the web Spud, it's only the 1992 "Super" series where the paint on the seat stays match the rims, the 1991 version seems to be a little higher up.

Re:

Had time for a little play with the Evo today so cabled up the Scott Pederson Brakes, with the Mathauser pads I was surprised that they have as much power as Magura's :shock: (Maybe more)

48489496052_7437370cf5_c.jpg

Also fitted a couple of little trinkets I found on eBay

48489328351_8e4fec89c7_c.jpg

48489328361_a82d702c4f_c.jpg

Got the chain on and had a little ride around the block..lots of fettling to be done, the left hand trigger shifter isn't brilliant, wants to jump down 2 rings on a single push and the large lever doesn't spring back into position very well, I'm a bit nervous about taking them apart but if anybody has any hints they would be gratefully received.

Also does anybody know of a source of XT hub decals, Gil doesn't do them but I seem to remember some source quoted on here.

The bike now needs cleaning within an inch of it's life before I'm ready to show :D

Re: Re:

yakboy":2gpuy5b5 said:
Had time for a little play with the Evo today so cabled up the Scott Pederson Brakes, with the Mathauser pads I was surprised that they have as much power as Magura's :shock: (Maybe more)

48489496052_7437370cf5_c.jpg

Also fitted a couple of little trinkets I found on eBay

48489328351_8e4fec89c7_c.jpg

48489328361_a82d702c4f_c.jpg

Got the chain on and had a little ride around the block..lots of fettling to be done, the left hand trigger shifter isn't brilliant, wants to jump down 2 rings on a single push and the large lever doesn't spring back into position very well, I'm a bit nervous about taking them apart but if anybody has any hints they would be gratefully received.

Also does anybody know of a source of XT hub decals, Gil doesn't do them but I seem to remember some source quoted on here.

The bike now needs cleaning within an inch of it's life before I'm ready to show :D

Since they won’t get exposed to much wear - Could you use water slides on the hubs

Re:

That might be an idea. Could always lacquer over them. If anybody has Jpegs on file I'll give in a go.

Re:

Bike is looking great :cool: I had a Pro-Evolution a few years ago, same design but steel frame, rode pretty nice.
I frequented Leeds in the early/mid 90's, there was Freewheel on the corner I think somewhere along Boar Lane, Two Wheels Good was down there too. I often rode up to stif in the back lanes of headingly before they moved to opposite the arndale centre I think.

Re:

So I think I am going to call this done. I've had to stop myself over cleaning most of the parts as I wanted the parts to reflect the patina of the frame...

48683210011_5a25c99321_c.jpg

I bought some different Scott pedals in the end with the cast logo.

48682796748_e5d51bf1b0_c.jpg

48682795703_ff961150e0_c.jpg

I was really chuffed to find some Scott USA bar end plugs

48683134281_cfa1fbf7f5_c.jpg

The spec is as follows:

Frame: 1992 Scott Super Evolution 17.5"
Forks: Scott Unishock LF
Rims: Mavic M231CR 32 Hole
Hubs: XT M730
Tyres: Ritchey Megabite ZMax Tanwall
Stem: Scott 130mm
Top cap: Scott USA
Bars: Scott AT2
Grips. Scott AT4 and Scott tribar grips
Shifters and groupset: Shimano XT M735
Brakes: Scott Pederson Self energising cantilevers
Pads: Scott Matthauser
Pedals: Scott SPD
Seatpost: Ritchey Microadjust
Saddle: Scott Branded
Rear Cassette: Sunrace 11-28 Alloy
Skewers: Shimano XT
Headset: Ritchey Aheadset 1 1/8

I need to get a few rides in to fettle it so it's ready for Mayhem 2020 just the annoying problem of the left shifter not springing back into position. If anybody knows anyone who is brave enough to take the pod apart and service it please let me know

The shifter has grease into its third decade so will need flushing out. The springs for the pawls can get gummed up and just need at tweek to bring back to life.

A good flush with a decent cleaner will sort it with after treatment of a machine oil like 3in1

Back