FS Shorter Reynolds steel Lo Pro TT bike

Flapjack-70

Retro Newbie
Reynolds steel Lo pro time trial bike made by Shorter (potters bar)
Seat tube centre of crank to centre of top tube 49.5 cm
Seat tube centre of crank to top of seat tube 56 cm
Top tube Centre to centre 55 cm

Carbon aero fork with ahead head set
10 speed Dura Ace cassette with the titanium large gogs
10 Speed front mech
10 Speed 105 rear mech both mechs are more or less new
105 octolink chain set
New 10 speed chain rings only used twice on turbo indoors
New Vittoria tyres
Ridga Snyper wheels
Cinelli all in one tri bars
USE cabon saddle
105 brakes
Shimano bar end shifters these are 9 speed but I run them on friction. They work fine on 10 speed

Frame has a small dent in the down tube only visible when the light catches it the camera can't really catch it very well. the frame restorer said it was only shallow and small so not worth filling.
Only used on Turbo since overhaul and new bits fitted
a real eye catcher and quality craftmanship

Might swap for something different like a snowbike, pugsley or Mukluk
£600 ono

EC11A0A7-orig.jpg

AFF699C4-orig.jpg

A88EE3D1-orig.jpg

EE5A3233-orig.jpg

I saw this on the CTC forum - and was impressed. Very nice. If I wasn't already building up my lo-pro as we speak I could have been tempted!

Any idea of the frame builder?

It's a beautiful bike... only wish I had the space for it!

Not to be annoying... but... don't lo-pros usually have smaller wheels up front? They both look to be the same size to me... of course, I could be wrong. In which case, sorry! :cry:

Is this not a micro time-trial frame, rather than a lo-pro?

Hova, Your right both wheels are 700c. I always thought a Lo Pro reffered to Low profile. I've seen Tri bars called Low pro so thought it was to do with that! whoops! So does that mean this is a micro frame?

That' another thing I've learned off this forum, the reason I joined in the first place. Thanks for your correction.

By the way what's a 'Funny bike' in TT?

Flapjack-70":1b3n8k3m said:
Hova, Your right both wheels are 700c. I always thought a Lo Pro reffered to Low profile. I've seen Tri bars called Low pro so thought it was to do with that! whoops! So does that mean this is a micro frame?

That' another thing I've learned off this forum, the reason I joined in the first place. Thanks for your correction.

By the way what's a 'Funny bike' in TT?

You're absolutely right... lo-pro does refer to low profile... but when the "w" is absent from the word "low" it generally means 650 up front (or smaller, in some cases!) and 700c in the back. Silly, I know. :D Your question about what a "funny bike" is - this (lo-pro) is exactly it. Lo-pros are the said "funny bikes", named so after the funny car drag racers with small wheels in the front and big balloon slicks in the back.

When referring to TT bars and the such as "low pro" or "low profile" it generally means exactly that... that they are "low in profile". :shock: ;)

I know all of this seems to be nit-picking... it's insane, really. However, these are the terms that the industry generally uses...

Micro TT frames/bikes, like yours, and an Argos (of Bristol) built one that I own as well, are 700c front and back, but with massively compact geometry to allow super-low positioning, to achieve an ultra tucked-in position. They are NOT easy on the back muscles... despite what people say about the ergonomics being "right" blah blah and more efficient, etc... that position is for highly trained athletes who have been using all those small random muscles in their bodies that most of us (certainly me included ;) ) have not used in years, day in day out. Or ever, for that matter! :LOL:

Your bike is a beauty though... and while the asking price is not cheap, I don't think anyone would dare say that the price of the parts and frame combined don't add up, at least, to what you're asking for. Good luck with the sale! :D

that is one heavily bladed fork! :shock: And yeh some seriously tight geometry! Reckon that be quite fast! How tall are you out of interest? My TT bike has more relaxed geo and trying to work out what sizes of frame i should change to so i can be more uncomfortable! :D

Back