FS.Mythic Spitfire/ 160mm Bombers/ Thomson/ Superstar/ SLX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
I've decided that as I'm never going to ride this bike that it's time to part with it once and for all. It's a great looking bike and is a hoot to ride, but I'm set in my ways and a steel hardtail is always going to be first out of the door. Despite being over a year old I've frobably riden it for less than 20 hours. It just hangs in the garage looking pretty but really needs to get dirty!

Clearout011.jpg

Frame: Mythic / Banshee Spitfire. Size small.
Bought new in 2011 at a cost of £1300. It's done a half day in Glentress, a full day in the Lakes and three nightrides from new. It is completely unmarked with no chain slap or cable rub- it's been lathered in 'copter tape since day one..it's never been fitted with a front mech either, so no marking there.
It was completely stripped over Christmas (just for something to do rather than any need) and all pivots cleaned, lubricated and retorqued correctly. The small size is ideal for anyone from 5' 2" to 5' 10" and offers loads of standover and plenty of room in the cockpit even with a 50mm stem. It has a 67 degree head angle and 73 seat angle with a sagged 160mm fork, but angles can be changed with alternative shock mounting holes. Low and slack, or higher and steeper within 3 minutes and an Allen key. Shock is a RP23 Boostvalve and isn't even run in yet.
It comes with touch up paint, a Mythic Munroe reducer headset and a seat QR.
Asking price for frame.£770 plus postage at cost. Paypal fees included.

Fork.
2010 Marzocchi 55 TST2. Just two short rides from new. Probably less than 50 miles. Unmarked condition. Air sprung, with maxle, platform, and adjustable rebound. Very stiff and super plush. Still has that new fork stiction thing going on, but will soon bed in nicely. Always had Brunox fork seal lube on before and after use.
Asking £220 posted inc paypal fees.

Thompson 4X stem. 31.6 bar size, black, **EDIT** stem is 80mm not 60mm as previously stated.
2 rides old and unmarked. Asking £30.

Superstar Flat bar in gloss White. 780mm wide, 6 deg backsweep and rise. Brand new and unused £25

Azonic World Force DH riser bar. 760 wide and uncut, 3" rise, gloss White, some marks around clamping areas but otherwise mint. £15

NS Bikes DH stem, 40mm, OS bar size, slightly scruffy with worn logo £10

Some other parts.....

Pr Kenda Nevegal 2.5 stick-E compound. As new, minimal use £30pr posted.

Ashima 203mm brake rotor. Dozen short rides only £12

pr Halo tornado rims, 32 hole, gloss White, some scratches, but tidy enough £25 posted

blackspire Stinger chain tensioner. Brand new and unused. Bottom bracket mount. Use as chain guide for gears or as SS. £15.

SLX 9 speed shifter, RH, brand new unfitted with cable £20 posted.

WTB Saddle. One very small nip on edge £10

various Chris King spares- inch and inch and eighth, base plates, top caps, various- ASK £2 each.

E13 bash ring. White, scruffy but sound £15

All prices include postage unless mentioned above and Paypal fees. None of this gift bollocks, so buy in confidence. All parts are mint unless stated. I don't bother with shite worn out gear so why should you.

Photos up over the weekend as soon as I've stripped the bike down.

Re: stem

bolly":1h471yws said:
Will take thompson stem please you got any pics

As in thread.... Photos up over the weekend as soon as I've stripped the bike down.

Should be sometime around lunch matey.

I'll have a look at what CK stuff there is. Mainly inch stuff I think. Deffo no 1 1/8th base plates though as I'm looking for one for myself.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back