FS: Handbuilt Bob Jackson Road Bike

voodoochris

Retro Newbie
2246879765_fdc62bef36.jpg

I originally built this up for a bit of winter training and to get out when I was short of time, but I've found that I'm just not riding it so it might as well go. It's a hand built Bob Jackson frame made with a 531 super tourer tube set. I have no idea how old it is but apart from the paint work being a little tatty it's in good condition (the quality of the frame would justify a respray).

When I bought the bike I put a brand new Tiagra drive chainset on it, including flippy integrated brake/gear levers. The new parts have had less than 10 rides on them so is hardly warn at all. I also installed a new Bontrager stem, new (shaped) drop bars (can't remember the make), and new Specialized phat bar tape (no noticeable wear).

I'm afraid I don't know it's offical size, but it measures 22 inches vertically from the centre of the BB to the top tube, and 23 inches from the BB to the intersection between the seat tube and the top tube. As a rough guide, I'm 5' 10" and it feels slightly too big for me. Having said that I'm not used to road bikes and I spec my mountain bikes slightly smaller for manoeuvrability.

The bike can be collected in the Bury area (I would also arrange to meet somewhere within about 25 miles of Bury). I could also arrange to bring it to Manchester, Leeds or Chester city centre one lunchtime/evening, or Teesside or the lake district on a weekend.

I’d like £300 for it. From what my roadie mates tell me it's a fair price.

Cheers

VC

Usually with photos anything after the " .jpg " isn't needed. As it was in this case.

By the way, as a fellow Bob Jackson Rider/restorer, more pictures please!

Ahh, OK. Seeing as though I now know how to I'll post some more pics. Anything specific you want to see?

Is it better to post pictures here as attachemtns then?

VC

Nowt in particular. It's just nice to see good iron work going on. Mine rides like it's tight as a drum. Not bad for a 27" frame!

Latest posts

Back