FS- Flying Scot, Argos, Cinelli, Campag, Zeus, Ofmega, Mafac

Re: Why

Jamiedyer":1rgvzfq3 said:
Argos and Scot removed to comply with LFGSS rules.

What rules are these? :?:

Jamie

1) First rule is you must talk about LFGSS, all the time.
2) you must wear jeans 1 size too small
3) you must say 'shoreditch used to be so cool before all the trendy wannabe hipsters moved here', while simultaneously being a newly arrived wannabe hipster.
4) you must wax lyrical about the spiritual connection betwixt bike and rider due to the lack of gears or brakes, despite not having a benchmark to set it against by not having ridden a bike since your Raleigh Pixy that you got for your 5th birthday from mater and pater.
5) you must claim to 'work in the media', while actually working in W H Smiths.

Re: Why

Jamiedyer":5l25ayta said:
Argos and Scot removed to comply with LFGSS rules.

What rules are these? :?:

Jamie

You're not allowed to advertise elsewhere if you advertise on LFGSS. If you do and somebody finds out you get 'fixed-snitched' and tw@ts jump all over the thread.

It's quite amusing to see how unfriendly they all are, sniping at each other all the time. Must be a side-effect of a Lahndon lifestyle. As a Londoner, I must say it was much better before all the hipsters moved in.

Unfriendly like the replies above you mean? Don't cast aspersions if you don't want to have aspersions cast. I've found LFGSS to be a very welcoming forum tbh, as here, there are a few nobs who like to try to create hostility when there is none. Anyway everything is sold, kept or given away now, sorry about the prices, you'll just have to guess! xx

jetpacjimmy":13s44ur5 said:
sorry about the prices, you'll just have to guess! xx

So you're happy to follow the rules of LFGSS but not the rules on here?

Don't mistake friendly piss-taking for hostility, I post on a number of forums and there is a lot of friendly 'trash-talk' between them, but none of it is outward hostility.

Maybe your tight jeans are restricting your blood flow and are causing you to take yourself a bit too seriously?

No hostility

There was no hostility or p**staking on my part, I only asked what the rules were that had something removed from this site.
I too am on a few forums including LFGSS, just genuinely curious to why they were removed.
I agree some of the banter above could be taken as 'judgemental', though also agree whichever forum then the rules of that forum should be followed.
This is generally a welcoming and friendly forum, and while not into the fixy hipster scene I do agree with my grandfather who pointed up the road at the Bassetts truck and said 'it takes alsorts' ;)

Jamie

Back