FS cracked 1996 Orange D2 frame for wall art

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
yes it happened, my D2 has died. i love this frame but it has developed a crack in the downtube from the sti cable guide mounts.

i asked Orange if they could do anything with it and the said no, i'm selling this as Wall Art and i will include the matching fork which is not pictured, if you want to try and repair it then that's up to you but i am recommending that it is Art and nothing but!

SO IF YOU BUILD AND RIDE IT AND IT BREAKS AND YOU DIE IT'S NOT MY FAULT BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEN WARNED!! :roll: :LOL:

the frame is a 54cm, aluminium and anodised in a grey finish which makes most people think it's titanium, unless they know welds. the stickers are still very bright orange

it is pictured here with bar/stem/post/fork/bb and headset, please note that i am keeping those parts. i will be selling the frame and original Orange fork only.

£100 posted or an offer? £50 or something?

IMG_8519 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8520 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8521 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

the crack
IMG_8522 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8523 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8524 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8525 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8526 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8527 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8528 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8529 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

the front mech mount died years ago, i replaced it with a band on which actually worked better, but these are the original holes that were for the original mount
IMG_8530 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8531 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Re:

ok, so i didn't expect anyone to give me £100 for a broken frame but i'm surprised that no one wants some beautiful wall art

sensible offer will be considered :D

Back