FS- Alan Shorter Time Trial Frame

colnagokid

Retro Guru
42 years old....Built by Barry Chick; frame No.-132(69)
very light frame worth a sympathetic refurb.
Seat tube57cm c-c
Top Tube 56cm c-c
Rear Dropout width 120mm

Shown with Raleigh RSP power forks (from 853 frame)

various paint scrapes but no dents.

Headset/wheels not included.

£130 posted

Attachments

• stuff 003.jpg
    stuff 003.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 2,399
  • may 29 038.jpg
    may 29 038.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 2,399
  • stuff 005.jpg
    stuff 005.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2,399
A mate of mine used to have one of these in the late 60's, he won a few events on it. I've always found them quite an interesting design.

Do you have the original forks?

forks

Sorry Ned I don't;
like so many of these things the main frame was bought as a project !!?? that never got started but I managed to obtain a set of the lightweight Raleigh forks with the right length fork column as shown- the bonus was they were also a shade of blue!!!

Depending on it's use to anyone i would suggest it's worth re-enamelling/re-spray & would be a cracking retro build.

Mmmm, I am tempted (it's my exact size!) but I've got to many bikes and projects already!

If it was mine I would use it!

Along with the other TT bikes I already have - MKM, Buzz, Dave Russell x 2, Giant.

To many bikes and not enough races!

Re:

Sorry sold to a local lad 3 years ago ...
I do have a Noriss Lockley "Bespoke of Settle"
Racing frame same size 55cm. If its of interest?

Re:

Hi there.
Thanks very much for the super quick reply.
I'll have a look into the cycle you mentioned and get back to you.

I'd like something with this seat stay detailing.
Do you know of any others, or any manufacturers that made them? I have trawled through eBay but no luck.

Kindest regards, Samuel.
Ps. I don't suppose there is any chance of knowing whether the local lad would sell it, or if you are still in contact?

Re:

Hi again, I hope you are well.

I don't suppose you know if the chap you sold this to still has it? Or how I could get hold if it's owner?

Are they a member on here do you know?
Kind regards, Samuel.

Re:

Thanks loads Ralph, that's the very frame that started this search, though unfortunately it's too small!! I need more like 57-60cm!
Darn it eh! I saw that frame and almost bought it, then realised the size, and now I NEEEEEED one!

Thank you very much.
Samuel

Back