FS :: 531 Raleigh Fixed/singlespeed :: possible split

eck_johnston

Retro Newbie
hello

up for sale is my nice old 1978 Raleigh Royal Reynolds 531 bike. I don't use it much, so might as well move it on.
it's currently fixed gear, has a flip-flop hub for singlespeeding, but would also be good as a skinny, geared road bike. Frame size is 23" (59cm). Some nice parts including some ace new old Stock bits found recently at my local bike shop.
It rides well and is nice and comfy around the cobbles of edinburgh, but doesn't get used much at all.
I'm looking for about £160 for the bike complete but might consider offers for some bits, namely the frame and wheels. It looks like this:

6284143264_46bd0c836f_z.jpg

6284160470_5f5105a948_z.jpg

6283705681_957bc0fab2_z.jpg

6283663961_472dd06840_z.jpg

Parts are as follows:

531 Frame and Fork in decent order. there's a wee dent on the seat tube that effects nothing, and the chroming on the forks is pretty worn. the latter could be easily sorted with a wee bit of painting.

Front wheel : Hand built NOS 700c mavic MA2 on NOS shimano 105 hub (about 6 months old - used very little). bontrager race lite tyre. straight and smooth

Rear Wheel : Hand built 700c Mavic open pro on shiny Suzue track hub (couple of years old, but not much use). continental ultra gatorskin tyre. straight and smooth.

Both built with dt stainless spokes

Shimano 105 crankset with pretty new TA 42t ring, and an unbranded but thick and tough 18t sprocket (a bit low geared perhaps but good for my climb straight up a hill to work each morning). Singlespeed chain.
Fairly new shimano sqaure taper bb.

Dura-ace front brake - 1970s, but plenty powerful and working well (it endos better than my tiagra dual pivot!).

Shimano 600 brake levers on specialized bars - could do with being retaped but not urgently - and an unknown old quill stem.

Push seatpost with an old coppi saddle i had kicking around.

Shimano spd/cage double sided pedals

SKS chromoplastic mudguards painted a nice pale blue. could do with being tidied up so i could include the paint for them.

Probably original headset.

Collection preferred from the edinburgh area.
I've doubtless forgotten something crucial, but ask away.

cheers

eck

Back