Frontiera - Deore Dx

Re:

been a while eh!

so, paint and decals on hold, its been sat in the attic with a half a deore LX grouppo on it as I dont have anything with it on yet, only problem is I had t go put a deore DX seatpost in it which meant :facepalm: ......Yes had to go DX

IMG-20181003-203402.jpg

so keeping the patina paint, off with the LX and on with the DX ..... went with STi instead of the usual thumbies and the Low pro cantilevers this time.... and as usual in the house while the missus is at work.

IMG-20190107-123252.jpg

Re:

Frame: Frontiera 531

Fork: Frontiera 531

Headset: Deore DX
Stem: Tioga T-Bone
Handlebar: Polished Alu
Grips: White Foam
Barends: errr .... No

Brakes: Deore DX Low pro
Brake Pads: Ritchey
Brake Cables: Steel
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Deore DX

Shifters: Deore DX STi
Front Derailleur: Deore DX
Rear Derailleur: Deore DX Long cage
Derailleur Cables: Steel
Cassette: HG70
Chain: New and Cheap
Cranks: Deore DX
Crank Bolts: Std stainless
Chainrings: 28/38/48
Chainring bolts: Std steel
Bottom Bracket: Deore XT
Pedals: Deore DX

Hub Skewers: Deore DX
Rims: Mavic 231CD
Hubs: Deore DX
Nipples: Stainless
Spokes: Stainless
Tyres: Panaracer smoke/duster
Tubes: Rubber :|

Saddle: Rolls white
Seatpost: Deore DX
Seatpost Binder: Deore XT

IMG-20190107-145602-BURST001-COVER.jpg

IMG-20190107-145534.jpg

IMG-20190107-145514.jpg

IMG-20190107-145531.jpg

Re: My Next British Build - Frontiera

Very nice.

The white saddle really makes the frame stand out and the blue brake blocks are a great touch :cool: I would have to put some whiter grips on though.

Mark

Re: My Next British Build - Frontiera

Thats turned out really nice have to love a fillet brazed frame and the DX is prefect for that frame.

Re:

agreed the white grips are terrible not quite white not as they were advertised, but they are what's on at the moment just ordered some more rubber ones that look a little bit like oury grips so they'll be going on when they're here.

it's no secret that I am a big fan of the deore DX groupset prefer it over the XT for value and looks plus function is in my opinion as good as XT.

The only change will be the bar maybe, sure it's a trans X but might fit some black Tioga ones.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I know it's always a challenge for bring a frameset back to the forum that had won so many positive comments for previous member..... My thoughts were to get it repainted to add my take but I'm glad I didn't now.

RBG

Re:

decided to swap out the bars to something black and more era correct so these Tioga bars I snagged will go on nicely with some .... whiter grips

IMG-20190115-105717.jpg

Re:

Small update....

Seatpost seconded for the Dave Hinde so I fitted a Ritchey unit (Kalloy?), still looks good though, also added the tioga bars, white rubber grips and to top it off an lovely Pink rolls saddle.

IMG-20200414-134902.jpg

Only went out for a short local ride as restrictions are in place, down the river and back up via the shop for the old dear next door, this bike handles great and doesnt feel as small as I thought it would, as you can see I also changed the tyres to Tioga mud dawgs as they look and feel nicer to ride with.

pictured here with shopping for neighbour .......... toffee and Yorkshire tea are essentials!

IMG-20200414-141649.jpg

Latest posts

Back