Frontiera - Deore Dx

Re:

Great project, I can't wait to see what you plan to do with this one! I know you will do it justice, new paint or otherwise :)

The cool thing is that the three (I think) already on here are indeed all very different in terms of detailing. My one has a completely different looking rear triangle for example, and top tube cable routing.

There was from memory somebody who once popped up on here and knew the owner of Border Cycles, it would be great if more light could be shed on the frame builders?

I'll be tuning in to this for sure...I only wish mine was a little bit bigger to have made it a keeper :(

Re:

Paint it! At least then I will get over it and stopping looking back enviously

I still have my orange a like one, believed to be built by Paul Donahue

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":3to2qdjj said:
Paint it! At least then I will get over it and stopping looking back enviously

I still have my orange a like one, believed to be built by Paul Donahue

I am leaning towards paint still, sorry to disappoint folks but sinnerman has made me think ... lets just build as is for now until I decide on a colour/s

Lets see a pic of that orange one again Nick.....

As I said stem is destined for another build si I remembered I Picked this up a while back for a quid, missing some bits but a bargain imo ,and yeah, the wrong blue but nice.... itll do.
2017_08_02_18_36_16.jpg

Re: My Next British Build - Frontiera

Your wish is my command, fillet b all round, campag, UU, prestige, wishbone

Got it all this one

Probably due a rebuild soon, as apart from adding the pedals, tyres,and saddle this is as I bought it

Attachments

• IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 793

loved the build this came from - frame and XT groupset looked spot on - looking forward to seeing where this goes, Id keep the frame as is for sure

xxnick1975":1ulcozka said:
Your wish is my command, fillet b all round, campag, UU, prestige, wishbone

:cool: has this got a thread? Is that original paint?

Personally i like the tri-colour, but its yours and should be how you want it obviously, stripped and clear coat maybe? :)

Hmmm, been looking at mynchiboy's, could buy it and paint it tri-colour :)

Nice dilemma to have, certainly have a tough task in getting a equally gorgeous paint scheme. Looks stunning. Build it up and then make your decision.. will watch with great interest whatever you decide...

Re:

Cheers for posting that up, that is a real beauty of a bike, never really been a fan of the old campy but I can see it fits in with that so well.

I really have to get my thinking cap on :?

Back