Front lights

I have 2 NOS sets of the original C-cell version myself, also with matching rear lights.
My Scott currently carries the slightly later version with the 4 AA batteries.

Great headlights still, even if they go through batteries really fast. Might look into an LED conversion though, it shouldn't be that hard.

Re:

You after lights that let you see where you are going or period correct lamps?

If the former, £20 will buy you high power led lamp with battery and charger, few quid more will get you a triple led lamp. Two of these on your bars id as good as a car.

Re:

This is the -> 97 section, guys and girls. There's only one choice, the Cateye Halogen

I've still got one of those, it was relegated to the odds & sods drawer as soon as LED lights became available.

For real retro lighting you need a set of Wonderlights:

gc5025194144153758094.jpg

Mounted on the handlebar the front light will allow you to just about make out your front wheel and the hard to find, odd sized batteries will last about 20 minutes.

Before battery lights with a decent run time were available I used to have a dynamo fitted for winter training rides. This was all fine until the bulb blew on fast descents, plunging you into darkness just when you most needed to see where you're going. :shock:

Re:

Ok, ignore my new fangled led post.

Btw i have ever ready lamps free for the price of postager, plenty of room to convert to LED.

m6TrF6d88-w3eINk30tOvbQ.jpg

I had those, they were shit.
Furthest I could ride was to work and back (3 mile round trip) they'd usually die as I was turning back into the road I lived on.

Re: Re:

xerxes":50bv7sst said:
This is the -> 97 section, guys and girls. There's only one choice, the Cateye Halogen

I've still got one of those, it was relegated to the odds & sods drawer as soon as LED lights became available.

Mounted on the handlebar the front light will allow you to just about make out your front wheel and the hard to find, odd sized batteries will last about 20 minutes.

Before battery lights with a decent run time were available I used to have a dynamo fitted for winter training rides. This was all fine until the bulb blew on fast descents, plunging you into darkness just when you most needed to see where you're going. :shock:

I used to ride off-road with them! :shock:

Re: Re:

hamster":2uhpm3rl said:
xerxes":2uhpm3rl said:

I used to ride off-road with them! :shock:
Whilst lights from that era were largely crap, and these weren't any different, one thing I did like about them, compared with what preceded them, were how flexible the mounts were.

Yes, they were pretty useless in that like most of that time, weren't very bright, took large batteries that didn't last long. But at least they were easier to mount on your bike.

Back