Sorted Front bounce

Er I know that there is a tendency to think (hope?) that new kit will sort something out…but just note that many people ride with the wrong wrist position. I was taught in the 90s to ride wrists DROPPED - which notionally allows you to respond to the body going up and down offroad. It turns out that this trashed my wrists and exacerbated Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - bloody painful. Now, it’s known to be far better to ride with arm and wrists IN LINE.

Also size of grips - over-small grips means death grip and hurty wrists. I find hard, thin grips to be a pain-fest. DMR Death Grips come in very different compounds and sizes - for me, the thin hard ones = bad. The soft thick ones = very good. Same design other than that. Which is interesting I think….

Fair points well made, @2manyoranges, although my swollen and misshapen index fingers and my age strongly suggest arthritis. I haven't ridden even vaguely serious off-road for 20 years and have always varied my bikes and 'bar types from day to day.
I definitely feel road-shock straight through my wrists whatever I am riding.

ow. ouch.
very difficult when parts of our bodies begin to gang up on us.
indeed right in that instance to get as much gain as possible from the right kit - handlebar sweep, suspension, carbon bits, tyre size...

Actually and unfortunately my hands are the least of my health worries, but I can't do anything to "adapt" to the bad stuff! So I do what I can to keep riding, which does delay the inevitable!

Back