Sorted Front bounce

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Wtd (for my painful arthritic hands) 80-100mm travel forks. 1 1/8 threadless, min steerer length 200mm. For rim brakes. Don't have to be <97. Fully functioning more important than aesthetics.

Or maybe a decent complete hardtail bike, medium size. Budget around 500 quid.

Thanks, Dave

Have you considered some Marzocchi Z1s Dave. Great fork and not too expensive.

Plenty around on eBay.

Plenty of colour choices. Very Serviceable. A significant step up from the Elastomer Manitou 4s. Don’t have the reliability issues of early SID forks.

Only real issue is they they were a tad heavy but In 1998 onwards the BAM Z1 had weight improvements with alloy steerer and machined out brace.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I know nothing of how to press in a new steerer. Just want to fit and forget! Only 1 bike I can ride without pain - my '97 Kileaua with dual air SIDS and I prefer to keep that for best.

@Mattyman These any good? I know v little about sus forks!

I’m not too hot on forks beyond 1999 mate. Technology moved on so quickly. Those are 2002.

I know that Marzocchis are solid forks as are Rockshox SID. Fox also.

If you’re not riding hard and just want comfort then I imagine they are all much of a muchness.

Make sure you take a view of price based on previously sold. They look in decent condition but maybe a little over market rate.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back