FreeTown Sports in Hull: Bust?

Re: Re:

Anyways nowt like a bike jumble, you off to YorkRally?

I'm hoping to ben. I can't decide whether to cycle up from ricall, like t'other ride we did or just drive up, free parking on knavesmire road. i will let the weather decide ;)
AND it better be a good jumble! jumbles seem to take a light year to come round, not enough 'appening round these parts. i want one per week! :)

Hope to see you there mate.

Re: Free Town Sports Hull East Yorkshire

The shutters had been down a few weeks now and there's no notice stuck to them saying what has happened. I think their products may have been both too high end and specialized for Hull (inclusing the surrounding area) . It was also a bit off the beaten track and might have done better in one of the shopping centres. Given the real world economic depression Britain is in. and not the Governments version, poverty is wide spread and drooling in shop windows is more common than that of buying bikes. The economy of Hull is basically rotting and is dead as a door nail and won't support many shops.
Hull is a bit isolated as ghettoes go.There are lots of empty shops in Hull, Hull has the worst unemployment in Britain and a cat has more chance in hell then somebody finding a job on the Orchard Park housing estate. When I went around the Princess Quay shopping Centre I was shocked.
Cliff Pratt has moved across the road to where it was and is doing well. There are many good cycling shops in Hull still but they seem to be mainly middleish to lowendish.
Free Town Sports will be missed it's selection of topend bikes was fanatstic,
Hull is going to be the city of culure in 2017 lets hope the economy in Hull revives and the shop re opens.

Latest posts

Back