RST 22 Rear Shock

sam_white

Diamond Back Fan
Just as I think I've figured out rear suspension, I get this curveball.

Thought it'd be easy to get some new bushes and a fitting kit to take out the slop but TFTuned can't help.
The shock eyelets are 15mm wide and the diameter of the rod seems to be about 13mm, measured as accurately as I can.

Can't find any technical information on the shock to confirm these figures, any input would be appreciated.

RST don't have a UK distributor as far as I can tell.
Also no manual or tech guide on their website.

I guess the best bet is a new shock and fitting kit, but that's more £££ than I was prepared to spend.
The shock was used on several other bikes incl Giant and Marin, so someone else must have had the same problem.

Bike is the Diamondback X-Link.

make your own?

to be honest it looks like a boggo standardo shock from around that era, I might have a set of spacers for it, I'll take a look.

Hi, photos with dimensions of the parts may help. As above, 13mm sounds really close to 12.7mm, which is a common, shock eyelet size.
Likewise 165 (or 164mm) is a standard eye to eye in old shock sizes.
Assuming I understand what you mean.

There are people out there that can make custom mounts/bushings if you give them full dimensions, eg
offsetbushings.com

Here's a couple of pics.
This is the shock.

IMG_20230626_122735.jpg

And here's the eyelet. Looks like 15mm to me.
IMG_20230626_123005.jpg
I can't find any du bushes that width.

And here's the worn fitting kit/shaft
IMG_20230626_123336.jpg
Seems to be 13mm. I've got a new 12.7mm on order for a different shock so I can do a test fit here before it goes on another bike.

Back